The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Luke Schenn to Maple Leafs for 2023 3rd-round pick

14 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Amazing how much more active Toronto, Chicago, Washington, and St. Louis have been than Vancouver. Seems like this management group really don't know their asses from a hole in the ground. 

I mean, to be fair we made a pretty sizeable move a month ago. As well as the much smaller Kravtsov deal and the Tank Commander deal. This Schenner deal makes it 4 deals in about a month. We aren't super idle or anything. As well as lots of smoke around Pittsburgh. I won't cook management just yet.

Edited by N7Nucks
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Harold Drunken said:

So, getting a 3rd for a guy who was waiver fodder a couple years ago, then likely re-signing him in the summer isn't worth it? 

What does keeping him until he end of the year achieve? 

Exactly 

2 minutes ago, Nucks780 said:

Please come back in the summer Schenn.

Feels like Schenn is going back his ex gf haha.

Ya and she is a real b!tch!

Stillman and Schenn are gone, just like that. And the D was bad with them. What the heck is the plan for the D? Do the Canucks have another big trade to bring one back? I really don't want to see Boeser for Dumba. No thank you. That would be a dumba move. 

2 minutes ago, Claiborne55 said:

So does Luke stay here in Van till the 4th and make his debut vs the Canucks

Leafs aren't in danger of missing the playoffs. 

Hopefully they give Luke a week to take care of everything. 

4 minutes ago, Muttley said:

From what I've seen on the ice this year; Schenn was a better all round, team oriented defenseman, then Mr. over paid, can't move his contract, Larrsen.

No Argument there, but if we can get a pick for Schenn then re-sign him while getting him to a team with playoff guarantee and resign him why wouldn't they? Seems pretty logical. 

Edited by Harold Drunken

20 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

Wow.. I would rather have not done this trade and just re-singed him. Not worth it.

Totally.  For what Schenn brought to this roster including leadership and the fact he stood up for the younger guys, a 3rd round pick is pretty pitiful as a return.

• Like 2