The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Thur. Mar. 2/23 Minnesota Wild (34-21-6) @ Vancouver Canucks (24-31-5) 7:00pm Rogers Arena SNPTV SNPAM650

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

Just now, JoshuaGuy said:

If the Wild didn't have Kaprizov they'd be the most boring team in the league 20 years running. Might still be but it's probably Arizona.

But then you'd be watching mid 2000's Minnesota trap hockey

Is that really what you want 

• RoughGame 1

10 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

The beating OEL has been taking is what Edler used to take.

As much as the back 9 of his tenure has been romanticized now he was often the pylon they needed to get rid of. 

Its just reminiscent is what I mean by that.  

I don’t see how it’s similar st all mate.

Edler was a warrior for us for years and years. He was also a staple on our PK and ate heavy minutes like a horse.

he also kept a high level of play till 33/34 and he was never an overpaid dman or an anchor contract.

OEL last season was okay. OEL this season has been atrocious I don’t understand the comparison. 

I’ve also been very vocal that maybe the foot injury is the culprit, comprised his off season training, and hurt his mobility. But his puck moving, positioning and decision making has all been not good enough to be a top 4 dman let alone one paid like he is.

i don’t even think any serious playoff team would want him on their bottom pair 

• Upvote 1