The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

TSN simulates the 2023 NHL Draft Lottery and interviews Connor Bedard

Rate this topic

Just now, DS4quality said:

I wonder if any team in a cap crunch would be stupid enough to trade a first and second to us for an injured player?

Hronek is a top pair, right shot D, who only recently turned 25. He will anchor our second pair for 5-8 years. Thank goodness Detroit was stupid enough to move him. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ralph. said:

I say Fantilli. Shorter time frame getting him into the NHL and is such the sort of player we need. I think any team would be stupid not to take him at 2OA.

As good as Fantilli would be, IF we jump up to 2nd I think we do whatever necessary to make sure we get Bedard. 

4 minutes ago, Pears said:

As good as Fantilli would be, IF we jump up to 2nd I think we do whatever necessary to make sure we get Bedard. 

Even going from 2 to 1 the cost would be insane. Lindros kind of crazy overpay. Love to have Bedard, but we will need to win the lottery to get him. 

15 hours ago, Pears said:

What do you think it would take (or, what would you be prepared to offer)?

On 3/9/2023 at 1:05 PM, Mando27 said:

This was funny, in reality the Canucks will drop in the draft. Could actually see us drafting outside the top 10 with the way the team plays at the end of the year.

Last time nux was #2 seed, they dropped to 5th and got EP.