The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sell the Canucks

Rate this topic

A.Houghton

Sell the Canucks they will never be successful in Canada, Gary Bettman won’t let any Canadian team be successful.

plus Canuck ownership is not dedicated to produce a successful or winning culture in Vancouver, it is displayed by the mediocre management teams they have hired in the past and present.

To trade a first and second round pick for Hronek is absolute proof management doesn’t know what they’re doing, sometimes I think this incompetence is by design because I can’t believe how stupid they could be to trade valuable draft picks in a draft heavy year. I suggest people boycott them and stop watching such a lousy product. 
it’s an insult to expect people to pay big money to watch a losing and pathetic franchise, not to mention the high cost at the concession for food and drinks ,you have to be pretty stupid to waste that kind of money on such a losing venture.

• Haha 4
  • Wat 7
  • RoughGame 3

9 hours ago, A.Houghton said:

Sell the Canucks they will never be successful in Canada, Gary Bettman won’t let any Canadian team be successful.

plus Canuck ownership is not dedicated to produce a successful or winning culture in Vancouver, it is displayed by the mediocre management teams they have hired in the past and present.

To trade a first and second round pick for Hronek is absolute proof management doesn’t know what they’re doing, sometimes I think this incompetence is by design because I can’t believe how stupid they could be to trade valuable draft picks in a draft heavy year. I suggest people boycott them and stop watching such a lousy product. 
it’s an insult to expect people to pay big money to watch a losing and pathetic franchise, not to mention the high cost at the concession for food and drinks ,you have to be pretty stupid to waste that kind of money on such a losing venture.

Hopefully it really bothers you so bad that you can’t get over it for a long time obsession territory :bigblush:

Edited by CanuckleHorse

So this group bringing in younger more skilled player plus getting a top rhd man is wrong???QH and EP will not want or stay for a rebuild.Our core so far looks great to move forward with.We make cap room thus off season and grab a couple more D and a 3C or 2C we will be set moving forward.  

Thus management moved slow but so far are doing a good job so this off season we will see the plan in action.  

Bo and a second for Beau,Raty, Hronek and a 4th.You do that trade every day of the week.

You forget Bo was not going to resign here.

Kuz they signed and 30 goal scorer that cost you nothing to get.  

You must not think what they have done is any good,but from what we had wasn't working and now seems the team can win.  

Off season and next year will show us what we have.  

Then make a judgement and I will be all ears.

• Vintage 1

You need a buyer who has $1 billion+ dollars to purchase the team. Now let's say you find a buyer. How do you know the new owner will look at long term team building?

It's just as likely since the new owner is out a lot of money, they want to recoup that money as quickly as possible. And might just want playoff revenue, not a Stanley Cup run.

So basically you're getting the same thing, just a new owner.

17 hours ago, A.Houghton said:

Such a weak argument.  In the time that Bettman has been commissioner, just as many American teams (not even counting Vegas and Seattle) haven't won the Cup as Canadian teams.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Mando27 said:

Honestly just find a second team in the US to cheer on. I've started watching Seattle more and it's nice watching without having to stress about anything.

Funny thing is I've kind of settled on Columbus, not because of any reason other than that they have a Cannon announcing their goals. Why don't we have a cannon?

• Haha 1
  • Tanks a lot 1

19 hours ago, A.Houghton said:

Judge Judy Eye Roll GIF

• Haha 2

Imagine starting a thread in the midst of our best win streak of the season to completely bash on the future of the team as if you were somehow smarter than all the NHL brains that run the team. 

If you’re so unhappy with the team, why don’t you use your billion dollar salary from whatever amazing job you obviously have that gives you all power and buy the team and turn it into a winner. 

• Cheers 1