The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Dallas Stars at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 14, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

I did not like the Tocchet signing at first, but I can see a lot of improvement in how the team is going about it’s business.

His record in Az wasn’t great, but the again he didn’t have the talent there, or the commitment from ownership to spend to the cap.

I’m interested to see how far he can take this team in the years to come. 

Yeah we had to many soft coaches! I think I'm starting to actually believe again. Or maybe this time around we really got nhl coaches instead of ahl assistants 

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, iinatcc said:

If there was a year end of award for winning meaningless games ... Canucks would be the most awarded team the last 10 years 

Name 1 other year besides these last two please where theyve won meaningless games in the latter half of the season once they were out of playoff contention

We can only control our own destiny.  If the hockey gods gave us lottery teams to play against and we do manage to win ALL our remaining games. Maybe we can go on a run, will that be something to talk about for years to come. Chicago won Boston! Now that's an eye opener.  Maybe now it's the other teams going on a cold steak. Now that we ARE the hottest team. Who can stop us if bubble demko plays elite. Maybe just maybe it's the right time to gel.? Just enjoy the ride and maybe we can pull a Bedard out of a hat.  It's a lotto we can move up 10 spots. Maybe the gods are calling our number for once..

5 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

I can’t think of anybody who enjoys every day more than this guy. It’s hard to even imagine him having a bad day - give him a banana and a cup of Cola and he’s happy.

Moving from Russia to Canada will do that to you lol

6 hours ago, Alflives said:

Petey and Miller are a fabulous 1-2 at centre. They are both ppg+ guys. New management made a smart trade. 

Miller reminds me of Kesler in that he is able to carry a line on his own as well... and he plays with some snarl as well...

This is the 99 point Miller back... if he can maintain that form next season, we will have a great season.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

3 hours ago, swimsWithDucks said:

Jesus.... when will you people learn? It's the same thing last year and the year before that. We win all the games at seasons end and #$!t the bed when next season starts. 

Its the same pony ride year in and year out and you guys are still complacent on being made an idiot. My God... have some self respect people

Go cheer for the Leafs.

Thx.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, swimsWithDucks said:

Jesus.... when will you people learn? It's the same thing last year and the year before that. We win all the games at seasons end and #$!t the bed when next season starts. 

Its the same pony ride year in and year out and you guys are still complacent on being made an idiot. My God... have some self respect people

You should go cheer for Anaheim, instead. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

Miller reminds me of Kesler in that he is able to carry a line on his own as well... and he plays with some snarl as well...

This is the 99 point Miller back... if he can maintain that form next season, we will have a great season.

2 hours ago, spook007 said:

Playing with Petey makes everyone become better...

Playing with Garland seems to make everyone better, including Miller.

2 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Sometimes you need an Alex Tuch to make your Jeff Skinner look like a solid player.  Good chemistry has really boosted Miller's confidence and his contract is okay so long as he keeps producing.

Well, moving Miller is still the best move, imo, but I agree Garland makes every line he plays on better

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, AnthonyG said:

Im kinda getting 2007-08 vibes…. A season where we miss the playoffs, but you could see the potential mounting. I’ve believed in this team from day one and argued that coaching/systems and goaltending has been our biggest downfall. We’ve found the right coach, our PK has been night and day better and Demko has found his game again. 

I love how our AHL guys have really stepped up and it looks like we have some bottom 6 AHL depth building. These guys are a factor in our wins, they are all good skaters and are pretty physical. Plus Wooly and Breezer move the puck well.

Our window is still just only started to open, its not like we are a team past its best before date and every missed post season is another season closer to a rebuild. We have time and learning some hard lessons will help shape this group.

I've gottent hose exact '08 vibes from the team, even at the end of last season. Demko being injured this season just stalled it for 1 season. We'll be good next season.

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • There it is 2

Tocchet feels like the right kind of coach/ personality to whip this team into shape. He seems like that alpha guy who will give clear direction for the players to follow. A guy who understands what the players are looking for in a coach and what the players need because he was a successful player on a lot of good NHL teams. 

The Canucks players look like they want to work hard for him and their teammates. That is the right kind of mentality and identity a team needs. Unfortunately this new Canucks team that we are seeing comes at the cost of a worse 2023 first round pick. 

Hopefully next season we will be close to a playoff team based on Toccet's impact and with a couple new pieces to the lineup 

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, kenhodgejr said:

Tocchet feels like the right kind of coach/ personality to whip this team into shape. He seems like that alpha guy who will give clear direction for the players to follow. A guy who understands what the players are looking for in a coach and what the players need because he was a successful player on a lot of good NHL teams. 

The Canucks players look like they want to work hard for him and their teammates. That is the right kind of mentality and identity a team needs. Unfortunately this new Canucks team that we are seeing comes at the cost of a worse 2023 first round pick. 

Hopefully next season we will be close to a playoff team based on Toccet's impact and with a couple new pieces to the lineup 

We got a number 2, right shot D to anchor our second pairing for the next 5-7 years for that 2023 first. Our young core is clearly ready to compete right now and for the next 5-7 years. Using the islanders’ pick to bring in Hronek to fill in a much needed piece was a very smart move. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2