The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Filip Hronek shut down for the year

Rate this topic

MaxVerstappen33

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

What do you actually know? Oh right as much as anyone else on this site, and probably a little less. 

Ufc 217 Sport GIF by UFC

I am smart enough to understand that the Canucks medical staff is not just passing along players without properly evaluating them. Do doctors make mistakes sure. They are human beings. Not everyone can be perfect. I find it funny when people insult others, rather than have an intelligent discussion they go right to making childish remarks but ok.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Ah, the typical response when you don't have one. Maybe spare folks your holier than thou approach to fandom. 

I do, I just am not going to go back and forth with someone who I stand of making a great argument goes right to throwing out insults. It doesn't take much to think up an insult and post it. Not a lot of intelligence involved when people do that. Just shows a lack of self control. So nope, I am not giving them my time. Nor do I care if they don't care if I don't. We are all just people with our own opinions. Still have to be respectful. 

• Like 1

ahahaha love how people on this site think this is a bad trade or this guy not playing cause of this and that, why risk hurting or re-injuring his shoulder, the season is over, we got a alittle taste of how good he can be,  let the dude relax and rehabilitate his injury so he can comeback next season at 100% . god id sit others too so they dont get hurt and just play the youngsters for the remainder of the season

But god dam, u guys need a chill pill with all these spaculations, we all know nothing of the real truth, so let it be

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Tinky-Winky said:

ahahaha love how people on this site think this is a bad trade or this guy not playing cause of this and that, why risk hurting or re-injuring his shoulder, the season is over, we got a alittle taste of how good he can be,  let the dude relax and rehabilitate his injury so he can comeback next season at 100% . god id sit others too so they dont get hurt and just play the youngsters for the remainder of the season

But god dam, u guys need a chill pill with all these spaculations, we all know nothing of the real truth, so let it be

Exactly!

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I do, I just am not going to go back and forth with someone who I stand of making a great argument goes right to throwing out insults. It doesn't take much to think up an insult and post it. Not a lot of intelligence involved when people do that. Just shows a lack of self control. So nope, I am not giving them my time. Nor do I care if they don't care if I don't. We are all just people with our own opinions. Still have to be respectful. 

You do have a holier than thou approach to fandom? I would agree with that. It's unfortunate though, as it prevents you from actually having meaningful conversations. It's easier to dismiss someone's opinion on the matter with a clever gif than ask them why they feel the way they do. 

Hronek has shown to be a very talented player and a great add to the team. With a full training camp under his belt, and hopefully a proper partner acquired through FA or trade (same for Hughes), he'll have a great season this fall. That doesn't negate the fact that some people correlate how Pearson's situation unfolded and how that could still be an issue now, which I guess some "real" fans disagree with.

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, Tinky-Winky said:

Really?  We barely saw him for a few minutes/game and he  certainly didn't look like he was worth throwing away 2 Super High Draft picks on - that we so desperately needed to restock our barren cupboards with - that have been depleted for years? 

He was average - at best - and looks like just another "Still-Man" type trade - so far.  I sure hope he's able to play at some point in the coming years - if he ever fully recovers - and doesn't turn into permanent "Damaged-Goods" fiasco.

Where was the "Due Dillegence" by JR & PA on this trade????

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Haha 2
  • Wat 3
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

You do have a holier than thou approach to fandom? I would agree with that. It's unfortunate though, as it prevents you from actually having meaningful conversations. It's easier to dismiss someone's opinion on the matter with a clever gif than ask them why they feel the way they do. 

Hronek has shown to be a very talented player and a great add to the team. With a full training camp under his belt, and hopefully a proper partner acquired through FA or trade (same for Hughes), he'll have a great season this fall. That doesn't negate the fact that some people correlate how Pearson's situation unfolded and how that could still be an issue now, which I guess some "real" fans disagree with.

"Real" fans. Lol. 

Sassy The Hobbit GIF

PhillipBlunt"You aren't a real fan like me." 

Makes it hard to take anything you say seriously. 

Define "real fans" based on your opinion because that's what it is. Just your opinion.

Go Away GIF by Bounce

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

"Real" fans. Lol. 

Sassy The Hobbit GIF

PhillipBlunt"You aren't a real fan like me." 

Makes it hard to take anything you say seriously. 

Define "real fans" based on your opinion because that's what it is. Just your opinion.

Go Away GIF by Bounce

That went right over your head, as you were too busy looking for gifs, I guess. My statement clearly stated (the use of air quotes is commonly applied in modern day nomenclature to bring a sense of irony to the usage of the word) that I don't separate fans into false and real fans. From those who believe in tanking for a high pick, to the pom pom waving cheerleaders, every one of them is a fan. The only one who can truly judge a fan's fandom is that fan themselves. 

Squint if you need to. 

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

If his shoulder was such a major issue, he wouldn't have been playing 25+ minutes a night. 

Guys, "rest of the season" is 2 weeks lol.  We're not exactly in November or January anymore.

I'm not worried.  They got a chance to see what he can do.  It makes sense to just rest him now if his shoulder is only 80 to 90%.

Probably made sense to rest him earlier too. Hopefully he heals up.

• Cheers 1