The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Filip Hronek shut down for the year

Rate this topic

MaxVerstappen33

2 hours ago, Plaguez said:

If that's the thought process why did he average 24min a game over 4 games first?  Something isn't right here.

Players rarely wait until they're 100% to return. Tocc said Hronek felt it was important to show fans what they traded for. He also said Hronek could have played out the season. My guess, Hronek was fully aware of "too expensive", "not worth it", and "damaged goods" blah, blah, blah online nonsense. Well he showed what he can do at less than 100%. Now he can get ready for next season. Mission accomplished. Sadly the "damaged goods" and "he'll never be the same" whining will likely go on thoughout the summer anyway. You know, because players never come back from shoulder injuries that don't even require surgery. *cough* Burroughs *cough*

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

26 minutes ago, canucklehead44 said:

Things might have been different if we didn’t sign Hamhuis but either way Ballard was a heckuva lot better than Gudbranson  

At least Gudbranson was moved for Pearson and didn't need to bought out like Ballard. 

• Cheers 1

On 4/1/2023 at 2:24 PM, Tiger-Hearted said:

No...NOT Petey. He's enjoying a career season. Has a slight crack at Henrik's club record 112 points.

Fair enough.  He'd probably want to dress even if they scratched him and we can't afford to piss him off.

• 3 months later...
On 4/2/2023 at 12:27 PM, Baggins said:

Players rarely wait until they're 100% to return. Tocc said Hronek felt it was important to show fans what they traded for. He also said Hronek could have played out the season. My guess, Hronek was fully aware of "too expensive", "not worth it", and "damaged goods" blah, blah, blah online nonsense. Well he showed what he can do at less than 100%. Now he can get ready for next season. Mission accomplished. Sadly the "damaged goods" and "he'll never be the same" whining will likely go on thoughout the summer anyway. You know, because players never come back from shoulder injuries that don't even require surgery. *cough* Burroughs *cough*

Excellent post! Especially the summer whining prediction.

It was a small but positive sample at less than 100%. Great point! 

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

I'm confused about the dates. Is he out for a year from now ie he won't play next season or is the summer an adequate rehab period?

Old thread from last season. I believe he's expected to be ready for training camp. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

• -AJ- locked this topic