The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Filip Hronek shut down for the year

Rate this topic

MaxVerstappen33

2 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

I guess it's more the extent of his injury. Management doesn't seem to want to tank so if they are shutting Hronek maybe it's worse than intially thought by the organization. It's not like the organization has a history of properly evaluating injuries 

Or....he felt great. Started playing and it got sore as it went along. A lot of players want to play so bad that they downplay anything until they notice something isn't right. It might just be a case where it got a little sore. Team made the call. We are all just assuming the worst because of what happened to Pearson.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Or....he felt great. Started playing and it got sore as it went along. A lot of players want to play so bad that they downplay anything until they notice something isn't right. It might just be a case where it got a little sore. Team made the call. We are all just assuming the worst because of what happened to Pearson.

I had a similar surgery to Hronek.  I'm now reasonably pain free, but the strength in that arm is completely gone.  Not unreasonable for the team to want him to concentrate on continuing that process.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I had a similar surgery to Hronek.  I'm now reasonably pain free, but the strength in that arm is completely gone.  Not unreasonable for the team to want him to concentrate on continuing that process.

Exactly! Maybe the strength isn't there and he doesn't want to hurt the team. It's not really necessary knowing they aren't making the playoffs to continue to play him. 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, MikeBossy said:

Any other team's fans - "Solid asset management - let's get him 100% for next season"

Canuck fans:

We Are Doomed Reaction GIF

Other teams fans dont have to listen to comparisons of him and whomever Detroit drafts for the next 20 years.

• Wat 1

So hopefully Hronek is more OK than not. It makes sense to play him a few games, showcase him for season ticket sales and then shut him down for safety. I am always a glass half full guy so I am hoping it was a mutual decision. Hronek likely wants to play and show what he can do so they put him in a position to do well and he did. Now they can take some extra time and let him get to 100%. Oh I really hope this is true because if it is isn’t we are in trouble. 

1 hour ago, iinatcc said:

I guess it's more the extent of his injury. Management doesn't seem to want to tank so if they are shutting Hronek maybe it's worse than intially thought by the organization. It's not like the organization has a history of properly evaluating injuries 

That's true, especially with concussions... then also the Boeser and Pearson situation this year. 

1 hour ago, Phil_314 said:

Coach Tocchet secretly on Team Tank?  Knows the team is too good with him, and with the rest of the team firing on all cylinders. 
Next up, scratch Petey and Demko please and thank you.  #TankHard4Bedard

Yup, Tocchet can make his overall coaching record look AWESOME with Bedard :)