The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[ADSF] Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (A3) | Maple Leafs win series 4-2

Rate this topic

2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Maple Leafs in 4
    • Maple Leafs in 5
    • Maple Leafs in 6
    • Maple Leafs in 7
    • Lightning in 4
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/20/2023 at 11:00 PM

3 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

Yep!  That’s exactly what it is haha

Still funny to see CDC make the Leafs the most popular thread.  Hate sells I guess.

If you can't cheer for your team the next best thing is cheering against others. If the Leafs were dominating this game the thread would not be nearly as popular. The Laffs/Lightning also has the juiciest storyline. 

Its no surprise people take more interest in TBL /TML or Oilers/Kings than they do Minnesota/Dallas or Canes/Isles. 

Edited by McBackup
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

A hit can be bad and the victim can also over-sell it. Cernak jumped up.

The hit and the dive should be taken out of the game 

Which is why Bunting shouldn't have been in the game still.  He was flopping over the ice like a circus seal to the point his own family must have been ashamed of him.

1 minute ago, -DLC- said:

Perry's 37 years old...it goes to show the naysayers who think JT'll fall apart that 30's in hockey (these days) is quite different than it used to be. The experience these guys have is invaluable and guys in their 30's can still be effective.

To be fair… 37 y/o who are still effective are few and far between. 

Perry’s also a bit cheaper. 

1 minute ago, McBackup said:

If I can't cheer for your team the next best thing is cheering against others. If the Leafs were dominating this game the thread would not be nearly as popular. The Laffs/Lightning also has the juiciest storyline. 

Its no surprise people take more interest in TBL /TML or Oilers/Kings than they do Minnesota/Dallas or Canes/Isles. 

Just bugging as you already pointed out.  I know exactly why this thread is so popular.  

It is simply amusing to see it on a forum that so often complains about their popularity.

1 minute ago, -DLC- said:

Perry's 37 years old...it goes to show the naysayers who think JT'll fall apart that 30's in hockey (these days) is quite different than it used to be. The experience these guys have is invaluable and guys in their 30's can still be effective.

I have no doubt JT will be effective in his 30s. The question is how bad will that contract look in his 30s. If Perry had an 8 million dollar cap hit the Lightning would be in trouble.

That said I'm glad JT is here for the time being and we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. 

1 minute ago, Baratheon said:

Just bugging as you already pointed out.  I know exactly why this thread is so popular.  

It is simply amusing to see it on a forum that so often complains about their popularity.

I know. I'm just voicing the rebuttal to the Leafs fans who say it unironically, who barge into your house, smash your furniture, rub shit all over the walls and then when you get annoyed at them they ask why you're so obsessed while their finger is hovering an inch from your eye.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

To be fair… 37 y/o who are still effective are few and far between. 

Perry’s also a bit cheaper. 

JT's contract will be up by the time he is 37.  He won't be offered the same contract if he still wants to play after that

• Vintage 1