The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[ADSF] Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (A3) | Maple Leafs win series 4-2

Rate this topic

2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Maple Leafs in 4
    • Maple Leafs in 5
    • Maple Leafs in 6
    • Maple Leafs in 7
    • Lightning in 4
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/20/2023 at 11:00 PM

I see that Justin Holl has become the Leafs' Tyler Myers.....

While it's true that he's had a poor series, I think Giordano has been almost as bad. Maybe it's not such a great idea to be playing these two guys on the same pairing?

I guess tonight's game will clear some of that up, as it looks like Liljegren is on the third pairing with Gio.

15 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I see that Justin Holl has become the Leafs' Tyler Myers.....

While it's true that he's had a poor series, I think Giordano has been almost as bad. Maybe it's not such a great idea to be playing these two guys on the same pairing?

I guess tonight's game will clear some of that up, as it looks like Liljegren is on the third pairing with Gio.

The funniest thing is when Cernak went down and Hedman was injured Leafs media thought they were gonna roll onto the next round. :lol:

In reality those two being out just brought their D down to the Leafs level. The Lightning still have far superior goaltending (despite some results) and a forward group that is big, skilled and willing to pay the price.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

The funniest thing is when Cernak went down and Hedman was injured Leafs media thought they were gonna roll onto the next round. :lol:

In reality those two being out just brought their D down to the Leafs level. The Lightning still have far superior goaltending (despite some results) and a forward group that is big, skilled and willing to pay the price.

The goaltending was always the X factor for me....The Leafs got a gift with Vasi playing like a normal human being, but if that doesn't happen again, I don't like their chances...

• Cheers 1

If Vasi continues his level of play from last game leafs are in deep trouble. TB seemed to have done a better job clearing the net last game and letting their goalie see the puck better. Leafs hasn't been the better team in most of the series and playing behind every game is not a recipe of success vs a team like TB. I think many TB players are playing hurt but their experience pushes them to keep going mentally - as much as I don't like TB's arrogance I have to respect this.

On 4/28/2023 at 7:56 AM, mll said:

Even if they aren't.  He's in the final year of his deal and there's rumours of tension with Shanahan.  

Calgary needs a new GM.  Ottawa might decide to change GM under new ownership.  

Love to see young Kyle in cowtown::D

From NHL.com ... just for all those Luke Schenn fans out there ... sure hope we re-sign this guy:

"

Keefe continues to notice a different vibe around the Maple Leafs from previous years, citing how upbeat the players were Friday despite losing Game 5. He also noted that the entire team was together Friday night for a meal instead of dividing up into individual cliques and doing their own thing.

Much of that can be attributed to defenseman Luke Schenn, the catalyst of team bonding since he was acquired in a trade with the Vancouver Canucks on Feb. 28. Whether that translates into a victory remains to be seen, but the unity surrounding the Maple Leafs seems to be its strongest in years. "

On 4/28/2023 at 11:50 AM, canuck73_3 said:

I love Dangle, indulge away.

On 4/28/2023 at 11:52 AM, McBackup said:

Why? I'm genuinely curious. I find him insufferable as a non-leafs fan, and if I were a Leafs fan I would be embarassed to have him as the de facto representative of my fanbase.

I actually like him too, I get how he's insufferable (and most the time I don't watch his full videos) but I think he's pretty good/fair as an 'analyst' when his videos are on other teams - which I appreciate - and he's the go too for a good Leafs meltdown.

• Cheers 1