The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames, 7PM PST (10PM EST) Saturday April 8, 2023, Rogers Arena ... Tame the Flame Game

Rate this topic

Rocket-68

Will The Canucks Make the Playoffs Next Year?  

140 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

I like joshua, but as a 4th liner.  

Yeah his fine there... actually have done really well in his role. 10+ goals is punching above his weight for a 4th line crash and banger... especially in a team devoid of nastiness, size and strength...

Get us a few more like Joshua that can pk and I'll be a happy camper. 

• Cheers 2

Hockey hatred and loathing. For me holding first place for ever on my personal list, (might not be yours), Edmonton and a very short distance behind is Calgary. 

It's been a long season with not much to cheer but tonight's game holds a little more than a win. It could seriously derail Calgary's playoff hopes. Their season

has been disaster playing well under expectation. I love it. 

Seeing this team miss the playoffs plus the added fallout is high value entertainment. 

When one looks at Vancouver's challenges one sees moves being made to improve the situation. 

When one looks at the strong possibility of Calgary missing the playoffs one sees the action packed fall out which arguably has already started.

From management, coaching and personnel.  Calgary has a lot of old guys. 

I want to see Vancouver win tonight simply for the hatred I hold for this team, for Alberta teams. 

Go Vancouver!

Edited by aqua59
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Should be a pretty competitive game tonight -   Since it is the home finale, think the Canucks will finish strong and win 5-3.  Having won only 1 out of the last 5, I think the team will go an end of season run and sweep the remaining games.as some players need to impress the coaches before final decisions are made..

Don't really expect too much in terms of reduced success.next week either as ANH and ARZ are in very serious development mode right now (9 /5L in row). See Canucks probably move up a few spots and finish 12th from the bottom - final placing is nothing to get too excited about though they played above 500 in the past 2 months so moving in the right direction along with some promising prospects.

3 minutes ago, hockeyfan-observer said:

Should be a pretty competitive game tonight -   Since it is the home finale, think the Canucks will finish strong and win 5-3.  Having won only 1 out of the last 5, I think the team will go an end of season run and sweep the remaining games.as some players need to impress the coaches before final decisions are made..

Don't really expect too much in terms of reduced success.next week either as ANH and ARZ are in very serious development mode right now (9 /5L in row). See Canucks probably move up a few spots and finish 12th from the bottom - final placing is nothing to get too excited about though they played above 500 in the past 2 months so moving in the right direction along with some promising prospects.

Very subtle trolling, perfection 

200.gif

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Don’t underestimate the league wanting Calgary in the playoffs for another potential “battle of Alberta”.

Expect some ridiculous calls tonight.

Like the blown call the linesman made on Pettersson the last time these teams met?

That call completely changed the momentum of that game.

• There it is 1

19 hours ago, JamesB said:

I don't think the bolded statement is correct. I believe that bonuses are paid on July 1 of the contract year. Myers can be traded anytime after July 1 and the acquiring team will only have to pay 1 million in actual money while getting credit for his $6 million cap hit. EDIT: [I was incorrect. Apparently, Myers negotiated a Sept. 1 bonus payment date when he originally signed with the Canucks. Another mess up by Benning.]

Myers has already submitted his 10-team no-trade list. That leaves 21 other teams. Not sure if that includes any teams looking for help to reach the cap floor, but it probably includes at lest one or two teams that care enough about actual money to find Myers attractive at an actual cost of only 1 million.

Also, Myers could of course be asked to waive. There is a realistic chance he might not be in the top 6 next year if he stays and he might be willing to waive to go somewhere where he would be in the top 6 or top 4 like Arizona or Chicago.

I am not saying that trading Myers is a slam-dunk but I think it is better than 50-50.

He has to submit an updated list for 1 July - if he doesn't then it's the list of this season that remains in force.  

It's apparently 15 September for his bonus payment per Dhaliwal who verified with his agent.  It's really close to the start of training camp and it's rare for trades to be made that late in the off-season. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Garland wins the puck battles more often then not.  

I think that people have selective memory when it comes to Garly because of how small he is. 

I think people get swayed by how hard he battles but don't realize how often he loses the puck or plays die on his stick. Defensively he's almost non-existent from what I see and can't win body position against bigger, well just about any opponent.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, 73 Percent said:

We need a L here. No moral victories. Let's get us a higher pick.

I'd rather a W.

Last home game of the season vs a rival. Plus we could do some damage to the Flames playoff hopes and that would be super sweet in a season that has been full of controversy and disappointment. 

• Upvote 1