• Bruins in 5
    • Bruins in 6
    • Bruins in 7
    • Panthers in 4
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/19/2023 at 11:30 PM

5 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

This is exactly why when Alf insists he never cheers for anyone other than the Canucks, I laugh. Because every playoffs he's a total Leafs homer.

That's true. He masquerades behind his "wife's obsession" with the Laffs, but the reality is, he's a closet case Leaf Blower! :lol:

• Haha 2

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [ADSF] Boston Bruins (A1) vs. Florida Panthers (WC2) | Bruins lead series 3-1
On 4/23/2023 at 5:45 PM, Ghostsof1915 said:

This is exactly why when Alf insists he never cheers for anyone other than the Canucks, I laugh. Because every playoffs he's a total Leafs homer.

When he mentions “miss Alf” he probably means some old blow up doll.

• Haha 1

On 4/23/2023 at 3:35 PM, Alflives said:

Looks more and more like Alf’s empties predicting a Leafs v Bruins round two is right. 

Laffers vs the Bruins? Doesn't that present a moral dilemma? 2011 aside I would have to root for the Bruins. I know Bucyk. That said I cheered for the Habs when Bucyk was still playing. That is how much I detest the Laffers. 

6 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Laffers vs the Bruins? Doesn't that present a moral dilemma? 2011 aside I would have to root for the Bruins. I know Bucyk. That said I cheered for the Habs when Bucyk was still playing. That is how much I detest the Laffers. 

That would be a dilemma alright.

Personally, I wouldn't have a choice. I don't care who it is playing against them, I want the Bruins to never win again.

Whether its left over bitterness about 2011 or just sheer envy at how perpetually successful their organization has been over the same period as our lost decade.  I don't care. I hate them forever.

Leafs will always be the Laffs. I hate them for other reasons. Mostly about being the darlings of the national sports media. I don't want them to win the Cup this year, but then again, I don't want any team to win it, before the Canucks do. The only palatable choice would be Winnipeg, but that looks like its not happening. Every other team has reasons to not deserve it (before us).  Whether its because they live in an ungrateful hockey-illiterate market, or have won it too many times already, I hate having to watch the playoffs without my team in the mix.

But if I think about which team I'd hate most having to watch skate around the ice holding up the Cup?  No contest....Marchand holding the Cup up again would make me puke way more than watching Mathews do it.

Edited to add,

The sizes of the puke buckets I'd need for other teams winning now (and not us).

03332-group-4ww.jpg?q=80&w=400

Winnipeg   Toronto    Boston

Edited by kilgore
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I'd be cheering for as many injuries as possible.

• RoughGame 1

14 minutes ago, Nuck1991 said:

panthers fans want ekblad traded out. He had a subpar year and Montour has become their number 1

If i were canucks, i would be all over it. Perfect partner for hughes

They don't have a first rounder for 3 years. I'd give up a first this year, 2nd next year, Boeser (for cap reasons) + Rathbone, that enough? Otherwise two firsts and we go all in (but then maybe change Boeser to Myers?).

He's been pretty average, I wonder if we can get him cheap for the equivalent of a 1st + decent player + prospect. 1st + Boeser + Rathbone covers that.

• Like 1