Rate this topic

The Arrogant Worms

7 minutes ago, MattWN. said:

You see no reason?

Salary cap? 

Glutton of wingers?

The negative value of his contract?

Bees?

Those are also mostly reasons why we would have to pay a premium to trade him at this time.

Probably not worth it currently.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, MattWN. said:

Dude, you're literally on a f**king hockey forum. 

Nobody is saying Boeser is a bad person, he's just not worth his contract.

If something that simple offends you, maybe the internet isn't for you. 

Maybe head back to Roblox or whatever the f**k place you go to talk about sunshine is. 

Ok there white knight. Was I even talking to you?  I guess I'll just ignore you too.  I don't discuss sports with people like you anyways.  Like talking to a teenager that thinks throwing F bombs around is cool.

• Cheers 1

On 4/21/2023 at 10:26 AM, canuck73_3 said:

The more I think about it the more Beauvillier is the player I would move. 

He would be a good piece to move with higher type of return than Garland however, I'd rather to find a way to move Garland first and if there's no taker then Beauviller would be the last resort if they choose not to buyout OEL.  I'm sure that some teams would be absolutely love to have Garland if they need to give their own prospect some time to develop in the minors.

13 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Ok there white knight. Was I even talking to you?  I guess I'll just ignore you too.  I don't discuss sports with people like you anyways.  Like talking to a teenager that thinks throwing F bombs around is cool.

Says the clown calling people dicks, and saying they should shut their mouths on a chat forum.

If anyone is a white knight here, it's idiots like you defending, and being offended on behalf of millionaires.

Sensetive little boy. 

If he is excited to train in the summer then I'd give him a chance to see where he is at the training camp.  Obviously that he have had a tough year with his father passing with nothing to look forward then something I have noticed that he played well late in the season  which explains everything.   We have a great group of guys supporting each other in the locker room which is really telling and Boeser knows that he has to do his part.  He realized that the Canucks are his family and it sure showed late.  

• Cheers 1

On 4/21/2023 at 11:01 AM, babych said:

You can't "get back" to a place you ain't never been ;)

I love Boeser. I'd love for him to finally crack the 30 goal mark. I agree with other posters in that we should wait and hopefully sell high on him. I'd prefer to keep Boeser, but moving the money out just makes sense.

If he gets to that 30 goals, becoming the player hoped for, why would you want to move him at that point? He'd be worth his contract if he does that and we'd likely have moved a different forward this offseason for cap space (Beauvillier or Garland). The only reason to move Boeser at that point would be a prospect, cheaper option, actually showing that skill in the NHL as a replacement. Otherwise you're just moving backwards.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Nave said:

Boeser requested a trade because Boudreau almost sat him for Hockey Fights Cancer Night.
Now that Boudreau is gone, and Boeser has found his love for hockey again, I see no reason to trade him. 

Uh the team has been  trying to trade him since the benning era.   No one wanted him. 

Boeser has to be the most high maintenance player the nucks have ever had.  

Do people even watch playoff hockey?  On what planet does boeser have the pace or grit to make any impact come playoff time?  The reason this team cant even make the playoffs is bcuz we are stuck having to rely on support complimentary at best players like boeser.

3 hours ago, MattWN. said:

Says the clown calling people dicks, and saying they should shut their mouths on a chat forum.

If anyone is a white knight here, it's idiots like you defending, and being offended on behalf of millionaires.

Sensetive little boy. 

Did you just call someone a sensitive little boy for reacting negatively towards something said by another poster, as you react negatively towards something said by another poster?

Just sayin'. ;)

Edited by MeanSeanBean
  • There it is 2

Watching the playoffs right now is a big reminder to me why we need to trade Boeser if we can. He’s not a playoff guy. He doesn’t step it up when the intensity rises. He doesn’t have another gear, so to speak. He’s fragile, one-dimensional, and disappears at critical times.

5 hours ago, HKSR said:

Man, you've seemed to be a bit of a d*ck on here sometimes, but holy, this reply really says a lot about you.  I'm gonna go ahead and throw you on my ignore list now.  Boeser might not have been playing well lately, but I genuinely think he's a great person that went through something tough at a young age.  For him to open up about it while being someone scrutinized more than any of us will ever know takes some serious courage and maturity.  Maybe shut your mouth next time and just appreciate what this young man might be battling though right now.  There's more to life than hockey.

Why?  Every year "this is going to be the year Boeser hits 40 goals".  "Boesers a lock for 30 goals this year" etc etc etc.

You don't like me because I disagree with you, yet I don't hurl personal insults at you because you don't see things the way I do.  Who's the d*CK in that case then?

2 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

Do people even watch playoff hockey?  On what planet does boeser have the pace or grit to make any impact come playoff time?  The reason this team cant even make the playoffs is bcuz we are stuck having to rely on support complimentary at best players like boeser.

Boeser had like 65% d zone starts but held a 54% corsi over 17 playoff games in 19/20.  

He finished with 11 points - right about his career average.  

He’s not going to carry the team but it seems like he can hold his own in the playoffs. 

On 4/21/2023 at 12:09 PM, Alflives said:

No Da Beauty League. 

That's what I thought right away.

No More!  Mr. Nice Guy!

No More!  Mr. Coo-oo-oo-ool!

Anything & everything Alice Cooper — calimarikid: Alice Cooper No More Mr. Nice  Guy

You can Booty League all you want, but someone's gonna get hurt and it better not be you, Brock.

This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fool'n around.

This is Pro Hockey; NHL.  Now, get ready.

5 hours ago, Baggins said:

If he gets to that 30 goals, becoming the player hoped for, why would you want to move him at that point? He'd be worth his contract if he does that and we'd likely have moved a different forward this offseason for cap space (Beauvillier or Garland). The only reason to move Boeser at that point would be a prospect, cheaper option, actually showing that skill in the NHL as a replacement. Otherwise you're just moving backwards.

Yeah but.  Goals aren't the only thing. 

Love Brock but the league is so effing-faaast and we have to move off slower players because every guy in the league now can really fly.

No hurry though; this is just the second of the 2 crappy years coming up; sorting wheat from chaff and building the core/surround and the pipelines.