The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks' Boeser finds peace with hockey after season-long struggle

Rate this topic

The Arrogant Worms

19 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Wasn't it Patrick Sharp on the Black Hawks who wasn't a great skater but had a wicked shot. Played the boards well. When I watch BB that is who comes to mind. Might be off base.  

Patrick sharp was an excellent skater. Extremely High IQ player with great hands that also had the skillset to play centre.  The guy played for team canada at the highest level.  Boeser is nothing like sharp. 

Look, hes a decent guy, but Ppl on this board are extremely delusional when it comes to boeser.

• Like 1
  • Wat 1

2 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

Patrick sharp was an excellent skater. Extremely High IQ player with great hands that also had the skillset to play centre.  The guy played for team canada at the highest level.  Boeser is nothing like sharp. 

Look, hes a decent guy, but Ppl on this board are extremely delusional when it comes to boeser.

boeser is a lock for team USA in any best on best tournament. 

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Counter point, most people around here talk about Boeser for what he is, while everytime you talk about him you're delusional.

Oh you mean alf talking about him being a line driver and captain material?

The boeser takes are delusional and cringe at this point.

He is what he is. No mystery to what he is as a player anymore. 
He is never going to be the deadly sniper he looked like he was going to be as a rookie, his shot is diminished. 
He is surprisingly good on the boards, he is pretty good passer and setup guy and generally plays smart if not terribly engaged in the offensive zone. 
He isn’t very fast, doesn’t play a tough or gritty game at all and isn’t the best defensive winger out there. 
He is useful on one of the power plays and doesn’t get buried 5v5 but don’t want him out against top lines. 
Very nice young man that has been through a lot both emotionally and physically in his career. 
Could probably be more effective if lost a few pounds and worked on agility and explosiveness. 

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Your opinion about BB6 is wrong. Brock is a gifted playmaker. He’s of high character. He’d make an excellent captain. 

17 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Only the ones that take it to the extreme on either end.

We have to learn patience with players...sometimes we give up on them too early. Especially if there are extenuating circumstances (as in Brock's case).

• Like 1

Great article. 

Nice to read about a player being honest with their game and the circumstances which led to the struggles. Accountability. Honesty. Integrity. Character guy for sure.

I cheer for Brock. Seems like a solid person who has been through a lot. I wish him success moving forward whether he is a Canuck or not. 

I have been critical of his game the past few seasons but I hope we give him another look. I would rather try and lift him up, rather than push him out. See how he comes into camp and performs during next year. Plus we likely won't have any decent offers based off how he has played the last few seasons and his cap hit.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, tas said:

boeser is a lock for team USA in any best on best tournament. 

What? lol 

Tkachuk - Matthews - Tkachuk

Connor - J. Hughes - Kane

Gaudreau - Eichel - Debrincat

Robertson - Miller - Thompson

Tuch, Terry, Zegras, Keller, Pavelski, Trocheck, Guenztal, Kreider, Larkin, Beniers, Wheeler.

Boeser isn't better than a single one of these options.

You're on drugs. 

• Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, MattWN. said:

What? lol 

Tkachuk - Matthews - Tkachuk

Connor - J. Hughes - Kane

Gaudreau - Eichel - Debrincat

Robertson - Miller - Thompson

Tuch, Terry, Zegras, Keller, Pavelski, Trocheck, Guenztal, Kreider, Larkin, Beniers, Wheeler.

Boeser isn't better than a single one of these options.

You're on drugs. 

image.gif.ebdf42113be1cc496d7c1420b9188427.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • There it is 1

56 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

You're referring to one poster who flips back and forth from being a Muppet and an alcoholic. Your unwavering hate for Boeser is just as ridiculous. Think about that.

Edited by MeanSeanBean
  • Haha 1
  • There it is 2

6 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

You're referring to one poster who flips back and forth from being a Muppet and an alcoholic. You're unwavering and hate for Boeser is just as ridiculous. Think about that.

Hey! 

He's also old.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, stawns said:

Holy Jesus, how many years do we have to have this conversation for?  Just move him and let's move on

Man, you've seemed to be a bit of a d*ck on here sometimes, but holy, this reply really says a lot about you.  I'm gonna go ahead and throw you on my ignore list now.  Boeser might not have been playing well lately, but I genuinely think he's a great person that went through something tough at a young age.  For him to open up about it while being someone scrutinized more than any of us will ever know takes some serious courage and maturity.  Maybe shut your mouth next time and just appreciate what this young man might be battling though right now.  There's more to life than hockey.

13 minutes ago, Nave said:

Boeser requested a trade because Boudreau almost sat him for Hockey Fights Cancer Night.
Now that Boudreau is gone, and Boeser has found his love for hockey again, I see no reason to trade him. 

You see no reason?

Salary cap? 

Glutton of wingers?

The negative value of his contract?

Bees?

• Wat 1

9 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Man, you've seemed to be a bit of a d*ck on here sometimes, but holy, this reply really says a lot about you.  I'm gonna go ahead and throw you on my ignore list now.  Boeser might not have been playing well lately, but I genuinely think he's a great person that went through something tough at a young age.  For him to open up about it while being someone scrutinized more than any of us will ever know takes some serious courage and maturity.  Maybe shut your mouth next time and just appreciate what this young man might be battling though right now.  There's more to life than hockey.

Dude, you're literally on a f**king hockey forum. 

Nobody is saying Boeser is a bad person, he's just not worth his contract.

If something that simple offends you, maybe the internet isn't for you. 

Maybe head back to Roblox or whatever the f**k place you go to talk about sunshine is. 

• Wat 1