The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PDF] Vegas Golden Knights (P1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2) | Golden Knights win series 4-2

Rate this topic

2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 2  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Golden Knights in 4
    • Golden Knights in 5
    • Golden Knights in 6
    • Golden Knights in 7
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/06/2023 at 11:00 PM

35 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Vegas played a great shutdown game.  Big on defence. Big down the middle.  They have a nice blueprint on how to build a winning team.  No cups yet, but 4 conference finals in 6 years. More than the Canucks have had in their 53 year existence. 

I think they could win it all. Calling a Vegas-Carolina finals. 

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

Let’s face it. The nhl playoffs is a complete crapshoot. It isn’t about skill anymore. It’s all about the grind and who is tougher. Refs don’t call the penalties and oilers lose as simple as that. I am a hockey fans for over 20 years and I don’t want to hear all that Stanley cup is the hardest trophy to win bullshit. VGK and the Kraken may be playing each other in the western finals. Let that sink it for a moment. Two of the newest expansion teams playing each other. The so called hardest trophy to in in all sports might be won by expansion teams in the last 7/8 years. Which superstar is left now? Eichel? Robertson? … I mean let’s not pretend the playoffs is about the art of hockey. It’s about which team can grind the most and the fastest. Skilled players don’t mean jack in the playoffs and this is why I lose interests after the first round. You almost know what is gonna happen. Big fast grinding team wins every freaking year. You don’t need your superstars. Just be big and fast and hard working. That’s all. 

• Cheers 2

Saw some dude saying Florida, Nevada, Texas, Washington don't have income tax so that's why the teams from there always get into playoffs. Like wtf lol?

Awful take, what does taxes have to do with anything? No one is thinking about that I may be new to hockey and a fan but you are reaching really deep to have to convince me or any fan taxes is actually something to hang your hat on when choosing champions. Hint, ITS NOT.

15 minutes ago, ktcy2 said:

Let’s face it. The nhl playoffs is a complete crapshoot. It isn’t about skill anymore. It’s all about the grind and who is tougher. Refs don’t call the penalties and oilers lose as simple as that. I am a hockey fans for over 20 years and I don’t want to hear all that Stanley cup is the hardest trophy to win bullshit. VGK and the Kraken may be playing each other in the western finals. Let that sink it for a moment. Two of the newest expansion teams playing each other. The so called hardest trophy to in in all sports might be won by expansion teams in the last 7/8 years. Which superstar is left now? Eichel? Robertson? … I mean let’s not pretend the playoffs is about the art of hockey. It’s about which team can grind the most and the fastest. Skilled players don’t mean jack in the playoffs and this is why I lose interests after the first round. You almost know what is gonna happen. Big fast grinding team wins every freaking year. You don’t need your superstars. Just be big and fast and hard working. That’s all. 

Aren’t MacKinnon, Makar, Kucherov and Stamkos considered superstars? They don’t seem to be really big, grinding guys to me…

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

48 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Not surprising giving Draisitl's character issues.  Gutless piece of **** on and off the ice.

Ya. I'm sure you'd be thrilled to shake the hand of some guy that got suspended for going out of his way well after you're available for a legal hit to 2 hand slash you in the arm

2 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

It's funny how we dunk on Myers but for once I'd like to see what he an do in the playoffs when he's fully unleashed. Been waiting the entire tenure of his contract. We need more big physical bodies on defence, not just Myer.  I recall the Leafs game when he just Leveled Tavares.  Imagine him doing that for an entire series. We've never truely known what we have in him. 

The difference between him and other big D-men is that Myers has played like shit for way too long now.  Unlike other big D-men he is actively costing us regular season games and we keep missing the playoffs because of it.  He is one part of a bigger problem, but he's definitely a part of it.

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Aren’t MacKinnon, Makar, Kucherov and Stamkos considered superstars? They don’t seem to be really big, grinding guys to me…

MacKinnon is a beast, he’s definitely a grinder.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CanuckRookieFan said:

Saw some dude saying Florida, Nevada, Texas, Washington don't have income tax so that's why the teams from there always get into playoffs. Like wtf lol?

Awful take, what does taxes have to do with anything? No one is thinking about that I may be new to hockey and a fan but you are reaching really deep to have to convince me or any fan taxes is actually something to hang your hat on when choosing champions. Hint, ITS NOT.

because the players take less money to play there, since their take home pay has less tax deducted from it. 

Look at the contracts of players like Kucherov, Tkachuk, Stamkos, Hedman, etc

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1