The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Vitali Kravstov signs with Traktor Chelyabinsk (KHL)

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

I think most GMs would want to go a little more in depth than just a short sentence or two.  I'd also be looking into helping him defect if he's willing to, but you need to contact the player first.

Defect? This isn't the red army in 1988.

He signed a contract in the KHL and wants to develop there before making his dream of playing in the NHL a reality.

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, coryberg said:

Defect? This isn't the red army in 1988.

He signed a contract in the KHL and wants to develop there before making his dream of playing in the NHL a reality.

Not sure if you've been living under a rock there, but his dad was murdered by Russia's Nazi government and it's fairly hard to get out of that hellhole.  The situation there is much worse than under Gorbachev and if he actually wants to stay there I would have serious questions about his character. 

• RoughGame 4

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Not sure if you've been living under a rock there, but his dad was murdered by Russia's Nazi government and it's fairly hard to get out of that hellhole.  The situation there is much worse than under Gorbachev and if he actually wants to stay there I would have serious questions about his character. 

You're gonna judge a 17/18 year old kid's character because he doesn't want to leave his country/continent while his country is intense turmoil? You have 0 clue what his reasoning for staying is. You're such a drama queen. Lol. The fact his father died is very likely why he doesn't want to just uproot and abandon his family during such a difficult time. But sure, because the 18 year old wants to stay with his heart broken family. He's got bad character. Honestly, give your head a shake.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

44 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

You're gonna judge a 17/18 year old kid's character because he doesn't want to leave his country/continent while his country is intense turmoil? You have 0 clue what his reasoning for staying is. You're such a drama queen. Lol. The fact his father died is very likely why he doesn't want to just uproot and abandon his family during such a difficult time. But sure, because the 18 year old wants to stay with his heart broken family. He's got bad character. Honestly, give your head a shake.

I didn't say he's got bad character; I said I would have questions.  Any GM using a 1st round draft pick is going to have questions.  Reading comprehension difficult?

Edited by King Heffy
  • RoughGame 1

7 hours ago, King Heffy said:

There is nothing Nazi about Putin's government. For shame that a certain self-identified Jewish poster was condoning this.

• Cheers 1

On 5/23/2023 at 9:00 AM, qwijibo said:

No. It’ll be like when Tryamkin bolted back to the KHL. He’s gone for a minimum 2 years. Vancouver will still own his rights for a time, but that’s the extent of their involvement 

so if Kravstov decides to come back to the NHL two years later, the Canucks still have the right for the player?

10 hours ago, qwijibo said:

Going to be super interesting to see where he goes.  I’ve seen him taken as high as 3rd and low as 14th in mock drafts 

if he's available at 11 where the Canucks pick, you gotta pick him. that's a no brainer for sure, even if it takes him several years to get here. 

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, The King of Kings said:

so if Kravstov decides to come back to the NHL two years later, the Canucks still have the right for the player?

Kravstov is a bust. only reason he goes back to the K, is because I think he feels like he might not be gifted a spot for him come training camp. 

We don't need players that won't compete for spots. Kinda feels like he's a second coming of Goldobin. More talent, but same will. Just doesn't have it in him to thrive and flourish in the NHL. 

41 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Kravstov is a bust. only reason he goes back to the K, is because I think he feels like he might not be gifted a spot for him come training camp. 

We don't need players that won't compete for spots. Kinda feels like he's a second coming of Goldobin. More talent, but same will. Just doesn't have it in him to thrive and flourish in the NHL. 

but does the Canucks holds the right og Kravstov?

Even if the team doesnt want him, they can trade him for something

3 hours ago, The King of Kings said:

My understanding is that as long as the Canucks provide a qualifying offer to him (as an RFA), we will retain his rights for a number of years (3?!?)......

2 hours ago, The King of Kings said:

but does the Canucks holds the right og Kravstov?

Even if the team doesnt want him, they can trade him for something

They need to qualify him this summer to retain his rights.  But no team is going to trade anything for him at this point.  Maybe in 2 years after his KHL contract expires. (If he doesn’t re-sign there at that time) 

17 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

yeah really though, arent there bigger problems than 4th line filler vs failed first round experiment?  Like it's nothing to be too upset about

We should be upset about the contracts for Boeser, Myers, OEL etc.

maybe it's lowered expectations but a Lockwood vs Kravy handwringing seems unnecessary

So don't come into a discussion thread about the topic.  Easy peasy

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Dazzle said:

There is nothing Nazi about Putin's government. For shame that a certain self-identified Jewish poster was condoning this.

Russia, as we know it, is about 6-7 years from total collapse, so I suspect we'll see a diaspora of Russian players before they get to that point.

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, stawns said:

So don't come into a discussion thread about the topic.  Easy peasy

I came to the Kravstov Signing Thread.  I didn't realize it was the Crying over Lockwood thread.

I think all the tears are better suited in the Kravstov Lockwood trade thread.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, qwijibo said:

They need to qualify him this summer to retain his rights.  But no team is going to trade anything for him at this point.  Maybe in 2 years after his KHL contract expires. (If he doesn’t re-sign there at that time) 

If we qualify him, how long do we retain his rights before he can pull a Tryamkin and become a UFA? 

1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

If we qualify him, how long do we retain his rights before he can pull a Tryamkin and become a UFA? 

I could be wrong but I believe that since he’s completed 3 professional seasons and played fewer than 80 games he’ll qualify to become a group 6 UFA at age 25.  So he may be able to walk to free agency as soon as his KHL contract is finished. 

Edited by qwijibo