The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[SCF] Vegas Golden Knights (P1) vs. Florida Panthers (WC2) | Golden Knights win 2023 Stanley Cup

Rate this topic

2023 Stanley Cup Final  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Stanley Cup?

• Golden Knights in 4
    • Golden Knights in 5
    • Golden Knights in 6
    • Golden Knights in 7
    • Panthers in 4
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/06/2023 at 12:00 AM

On 6/9/2023 at 12:09 AM, kilgore said:

Oh H God please no.

Here I've been biding my time, knowing KS must be getting close to retirement, thinking he will finally skate off in the distance. But he could come back even more powerful, like a supervillian. With new powers over situations like, say, a Canuck player up for a suspension.  I wonder how that would go.  One of Bettman's favorite lackeys, now heading all of NHL officiating.  :sick:

Wait for it…

He’s greased so many skids & served-up the goods for far too long, in far too many close & very important games, to be ignored or go unrewarded for his on-ice antics  & meddlings.

Post-career promotion for KS…oh, it’s happening. 

Edited by viking mama
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Bure2Win said:

Tkachuk being a weasel sore loser and swinging his stick like an axe at anyone, him and Bennett are almost as bad as that rat Marchand, what a couple of cheap little B@TCHES!

Sure, there’s that. But, THIS organisation PASSED on him with the 5th overall selection in the 2016 draft, and it was painfully obvious 3 years later what a mistake that was. 

• Vintage 1

Florida looked finished against Boston but somehow came back, but this is a different team - not as fresh, battered and Vegas is just swarming them the way Boston didn't. It'll surely take a miracle now or Bob to stand on his head and steal a couple of games.

Vegas let Dallas back in a tiny bit, I wonder, if they let Florida win the next game it'll be huge, they'll have some belief. The games in Florida have been close so game 6 could go either way, but Florida were destroyed in Vegas. Next game is obviously crucial/the series. Vegas win - it's obviously all over, but if Florida somehow eek out a victory and take it back to Florida I see this going 7. Time for Bobrovsky now, he's really Florida's only hope.

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I don’t believe they got game misconducts so they would be eligible to play next game.  Based on Tkachuk’s stick swinging like an axe to Pietrangelo’s neck and legs they may take a look at that as a suspension.  But he will probably play game 5, he’s injured anyways so he won’t have much of an affect on the next game.  Vegas should be able to take it at home unless goalie Bob plays like Dominik Hasek…

That’s fineable but not suspendable. If you want an axe swing watch Pietrangelo vs the Oilers. Lots of talk about a clip with Pietrangelo leaving the box and slew footing Tkachuk which set that off although find it interesting that I can’t find the clip. 

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Wasn’t the game over when he left the penalty box?  I’m pretty sure they opened the door for him…

Doesn’t matter. It’s equivalent to leaving the bench to join a scrum at the end of the game. Rules state you have to go straight off. Instead he skated to the opposite blue line and got involved. 

Only question which the footage isn’t clear on is did he initiate anything before getting tangled with Tkachuk. 

Edited by NZCanuck

Didn't watch the game which is probably a good thing. It's most likely over for Florida. They made it close as the end though.

As soon as I saw refs didn't allow this to be a physical series and called everything like they've never done before in previous playoffs I knew Vegas was going to take it. I was hoping for some luck for panthers and unfortunately they're too beaten up from playing too much hockey in the last 3 rounds.

It really sucks to see an expansion team like Vegas, favoured by the league for obvious reasons to win a cup in just 6 years. It hurts as a Canucks fan to see this outcome with our cup drought and we're not close to being a cup contender. Bettman must be so damn proud of himself. 

• Vintage 1

6 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Florida looked finished against Boston but somehow came back, but this is a different team - not as fresh, battered and Vegas is just swarming them the way Boston didn't. It'll surely take a miracle now or Bob to stand on his head and steal a couple of games.

Vegas let Dallas back in a tiny bit, I wonder, if they let Florida win the next game it'll be huge, they'll have some belief. The games in Florida have been close so game 6 could go either way, but Florida were destroyed in Vegas. Next game is obviously crucial/the series. Vegas win - it's obviously all over, but if Florida somehow eek out a victory and take it back to Florida I see this going 7. Time for Bobrovsky now, he's really Florida's only hope.

I actually believe they did. Vwgas plays the same way all the time. Game 3 they let up and they did the same with Dallas. I think they want to win at home. Never seen a team dominant enough to be able to control their play like that. I find their unwavering commitment to the teams structure unbelievable. They are able to adapt to any play that gets thrown at them. Thats what a Championship team looks like.

3 hours ago, Drakrami said:

Barkov's scored 5 goals in these playoffs.. Playing first line minutes, 20 games, 5 goals. I know everyone says Barkov is underrated, but 5 goals is pretty bad for the player he is supposed to be. 

Very similar to the Sedins. Great players in the regular season but just OK in the playoffs.

14 minutes ago, Brock BOeser said:

Why do refs like Sutherland stay in the league. He called a fake tripping call from across the ice. Like what :picard: Embarrassing. They are gifting this to Vegas in return for the expansion money.

"Fun Fact" for the game last night: Vegas PP 0/1

Florida PP 0/1

Yeah those refs just need to stop it! :lol:

26 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Or like Auston Matthews? ;)

That's only one half of the M&M losers.  Amazing that of their big three, I would've thought Nylander would be the 'no show'.  But he's actually the ONLY one of their three that has shown any kind of jam in the post-season in recent history (imho).

• Cheers 1

Just now, NewbieCanuckFan said:

That's only one half of the M&M losers.  Amazing that of their big three, I would've thought Nylander would be the 'no show'.  But he's actually the ONLY one of their three that has shown any kind of jam in the post-season in recent history (imho).

Yeah, I didn't think Nylander had it in him. Maybe he's more like his Dad than we thought.

• Cheers 1