The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Milan Lucic and the Canucks. Should they consider him?

9 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

There’s little to no adjustment for a 4th line role.  And yes, the he can’t play rhetoric is beyond stupid. He’s not a top 6 forward anymore but on a 4th line 8-12 minutes/night role he is absolutely not a detriment to any team. 

So you can't be responsible for more points against than the amount that you produce?  Is that what you're telling me?  Or does his fist swinging make up for that? In which case I ask you (again) at what point do you draw the line? 

Edited by Baratheon

1 minute ago, Baratheon said:

So you can't be responsible for more points against than the amount that you produce?  Is that what you're telling me?  Or does his fist swinging make up for that? In which case I ask you (again) at what point do you draw the line? 

Again putting words in my mouth, and while it is possible he is not that liability even on a Flames team that was utter garbage last year in revolt against a shit coach. 

24 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

A 20 point 4th liner is far from a detriment to the team.

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Again putting words in my mouth

Feel free to explain then.  I understand that you believe that Lucic justifies his (almost) 20 points at this age (and hope that he can produce something similar on a new team).

If he is a defensive liability (despite those crazy offensive numbers) then why do you feel he will help the team?  I assume it has to do with fighting... no?  So I ask (once again) at what point do you draw the line?

10 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

Feel free to explain then.  I understand that you believe that Lucic justifies his (almost) 20 points at this age (and hope that he can produce something similar on a new team).

If he is a defensive liability (despite those crazy offensive numbers) then why do you feel he will help the team?  I assume it has to do with fighting... no?  So I ask (once again) at what point do you draw the line?

Cute attempt to discredit him he had 21 points the year before, he missed 5 games and was on pace for 20 points. He has a 2 year rolling average of 20 points a year. It was also the first time he failed to score 20 points barely, in 16 years. 

He would be in a fourth line role, on a near minimum contract. He’d be replacing AHL fodder, tough as nails, if he even just matched last seasons numbers he would be our 4th lines leading scorer by 3, 7, and 11 points respectively. He would also be 4th on the team in hits, while providing legitimate push back and net clearing ability. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

How is he the better player if his career high point total is 13 points less than Lucic scored last year, his career high games played is 31 games less than Lucic played this year, he can’t beat him in a fight, and his career high in hits is 82 less than Lucic had last year… 

Nice lobby for lucic but he aint coming here, do you really think after how vancouver fans treated his family here during the stanley cup playoffs 2011. that its not in the back of his mind still

7 minutes ago, teepain said:

Nice lobby for lucic but he aint coming here, do you really think after how vancouver fans treated his family here during the stanley cup playoffs 2011. that its not in the back of his mind still

Vancouver fans did help chase out Bure siding with management in his negotiations too, we’re sadly not lumped in with the brightest of the bunch. 

11 minutes ago, combover said:

I’ve been told this morning Vancouver is out on Milan Lucic. It’s not going to happen, for whatever reason… but they did investigate. They were one of the teams to talk to Lucic’s agent,” Dhaliwal said on Donnie and Dhali today.

Nucks out,  bullet dodged! 
good non pick up by PA 

Never believe anything the agents or GMs say this time of year but if true thank goodness. 

2 hours ago, Baratheon said:

Yes, fist swinging does indeed make up for a lot. 

Nobody is icing Reaves, Deslauriers, or Lucic to be analytic darlings on the 4th line that may get scratched some games. 

29 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Yes, fist swinging does indeed make up for a lot. 

Nobody is icing Reaves, Deslauriers, or Lucic to be analytic darlings on the 4th line that may get scratched some games. 

Deslauriers can actually PK as well as play W or D and had almost twice the number of hits as Lucic (i.e. can actually still keep up at an NHL pace). Reaves is barely surviving, averaging under 10 min a game last year and probably won't get a contract this summer. The NHL is running out of room for bottom 6 players who can't also contribute on special teams or play a match-up role. 

Personally I'd rather bring back Lammikko for his 20 points who can also PK vs bring in Lucic who would be chasing the play most of the game until he gets his 1 solid hit in and has a staged fight once every 15-20 games (he only had 3 fights last season). Lucic is not the player he used to be.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

How is he the better player if his career high point total is 13 points less than Lucic scored last year, his career high games played is 31 games less than Lucic played this year, he can’t beat him in a fight, and his career high in hits is 82 less than Lucic had last year… 

He's not old and slow.

On 5/30/2023 at 2:47 PM, 250Integra said:

Mikheyev-Pettersson-Kuzmenko

Beauvillier-Miller-Boeser

Podkolzin-_____-Garland

Joshua-Aman-Hoglander

Extras: McDonough, Di Giuseppe, Studnicka...

To be honest, we don't really have room for him unless we're not re-signing Aman and we're trading away one or more of our current wingers.

Beauviller is not a 2nd line player and neither is Boeser 

Boeser at his contract stings 

4 minutes ago, BertaNuck said:

Beauviller is not a 2nd line player and neither is Boeser 

Boeser at his contract stings 

Yup. New  Beau (who is better than elephant old Bo) is a first liner. He was awesome with Petey and Kuz Missile. 

Being a team that has been lacking toughness since losing the Stanley Cup, I am all for getting more grit and toughness. That is something we have been lacking and everyone knows it!!! As long as we don't pay him more than $1.5M then it's a good deal on both ends. He can finish his career in Vancouver!!! 

Thankful for this news. I don't think I was as dead set against Lucic as some, but definitely did not want to see him on our bottom 4th line. I'm all for increasing team toughness, but do it with players who can still keep up with the game. This team needs to be faster, not more Lucicy.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1