The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[REPORT] Pierre-Luc Dubois has requested a trade

Guy has been on Columbus and Winnipeg. That is some bad luck. 
Two coaches have crapped all over that team on the way out the door. That is very unusual on the NHL. 
He once said he would like to play in Montreal at some point in his career. That does not equate to I only want to play on Montreal. 
Maybe he just wants to live in a big city with something to do. 
Good player, good age worth a phone call though I doubt we have the right assets. Would need to have a talk with Brisson as well. 

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Guy has been on Columbus and Winnipeg. That is some bad luck. 
Two coaches have crapped all over that team on the way out the door. That is very unusual on the NHL. 
He once said he would like to play in Montreal at some point in his career. That does not equate to I only want to play on Montreal. 
Maybe he just wants to live in a big city with something to do. 
Good player, good age worth a phone call though I doubt we have the right assets. Would need to have a talk with Brisson as well. 

We have the assests easily, I just don’t think it’s worth it as he pretty openly wants to be a Hab. 

Edited by canuck73_3

16 minutes ago, kodos said:

I am completely perplexed as to why anyone would suggest we trade for this guy. It is so beyond obvious that he's going to Montreal, and Montreal only. 

Because remember when Stamkos was going to play in Toronto, and they made a big deal out of it? Including saying they had sponsors lined up for him already.

Then the guy takes less to renew with Tampa. I wouldn't be suprised if he signs with a team that's close not a team rebuilding like Montreal.

25 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

If he wants to go to Montreal, then yes I agree.  If he is open to another team, then we have the assets that Winnipeg would want, moreso than Montreal...

More like Montreal has all the leverage and can offer however little they want.  Dubois for... (the equivalent of) Dale Weise?  That's all they're getting.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

More like Montreal has all the leverage and can offer however little they want.  Dubois for... (the equivalent of) Dale Weise?  That's all they're getting.

That's only true is he only wants Montreal.  Brisson didn't suggest that.  Do you think PLD will hold out this year waiting for Montreal to sign him in the summer?  He doesn't have a NTC, so the Canucks could trade for him and flip him at the deadline if he doesn't want to sign and extension.  With my proposal, we would free up $13 million in cap space for next summer PLUS we can trade PLD as a rental at the deadline for picks and prospects...

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

FYI, Pat Brisson, the agent for PLD, is also the agent for Elias Pettersson and Quinn Hughes.  Just sayin...

But also the agent of Jack/Luke Hughes!  Uh oh.

Brisson is the Rich Paul of hockey.  He's got all the big names.  Some of the nastiest contracts were signed by his players.  Imagine a team with Jones, Toews, Tavares, Duchene, and... people here hate Caufield signing, so him too.  

Why would Montreal offer anything of value in their situation?  They're not magically going to become contenders next year.  If Dubois doesn't sign an extension, is he a UFA after sitting out a year or is he still an RFA?  If the latter is the case, I'm not trading him regardless of his wishes.

34 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Winnipeg would prolly need to talk to miller first to see if he even have any intention of playing in Winnipeg.. which I’m pretty sure would be a no. Otherwise Miller might just demand a trade and play like crap as tantrum since he have no motivation to play in Winnipeg. There’s also close to 0 chance PLD would sign in Vancouver and this is the 2nd time he’s requesting/demanding a trade. This guy have no respect for teams and managements and only care about himself. He will demand another trade out the moment it turns south 

Miller's NMC clause doesn't kick in until July 1.  So we can trade him now no problem.  If he holds out in Winnipeg then that means he won't get paid.  If he demands a trade then they are in the same spot as they are in now with PLD.  Difference is Miller would be signed already long term...

• Cheers 4

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

That's only true is he only wants Montreal.  Brisson didn't suggest that.  Do you think PLD will hold out this year waiting for Montreal to sign him in the summer?  He doesn't have a NTC, so the Canucks could trade for him and flip him at the deadline if he doesn't want to sign and extension.  With my proposal, we would free up $13 million in cap space for next summer PLUS we can trade PLD as a rental at the deadline for picks and prospects...

*If he truly wants just MTL*

I don’t see why any team would try trading for him, though.  He won't sign with you, he doesn't want to play for you, and ditto for any team you try to flip him over to.  It would be like acquiring him for the sole purpose of turning a profit.  That's a big gamble for a player of his level.

5 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

But also the agent of Jack/Luke Hughes!  Uh oh.

Brisson is the Rich Paul of hockey.  He's got all the big names.  Some of the nastiest contracts were signed by his players.  Imagine a team with Jones, Toews, Tavares, Duchene, and... people here hate Caufield signing, so him too.  

Sidney Crosby, Jack Hughes, Jason Robertson.  All good contracts for their team.  Even the Petey and Hughes deals were good.  The one thing about Brisson is that he is speaking with Allvin right now about Petey.  So I am sure there is some talk about PLD right now behind closed doors.  Basically, Allvin is not going to trade for PLD unless he knows there is an extension in place and what the numbers are...