The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Buyout] Oliver Ekman-Larsson

Vey Gudbranson Eriksson Clendening OEL Pedan Bonino Goldobin Sbisa Baertschi Holtby Del Zotto Myers Etem Granlund Roussel Beagle Hamonic Megna Chaput Bartkowski Gagner Juolevi Sutter Virtanen Desjardins Spooner Larsen Benn Leivo Tryamkin Burmistrov Leipsic Poolman Boucher Gaudette Schmidt Tanev/Markstrom/Toffoli walking Vrbata Petan Skille Cracknell Nilsson Halak Rodin Vanek 

Ladies and gentlemen, Benning. Every. Single. Player. Benning. Brought. Was. Absolute. Trash. With the exception of Vanek.

Worst GM in franchise history.

Edited by Odd.
  • Like 1
  • There it is 1

5 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Vey Gudbranson Eriksson Clendening OEL Pedan Bonino Goldobin Sbisa Baertschi Holtby Del Zotto Myers Etem Granlund Roussel Beagle Hamonic Megna Chaput Bartkowski Gagner Juolevi Sutter Virtanen Desjardins Spooner Larsen Benn Leivo Tryamkin Burmistrov Leipsic Poolman Boucher Gaudette Schmidt Tanev/Markstrom/Toffoli walking Vrbata Petan Skille Cracknell Nilsson Halak Rodin Vanek 

Ladies and gentlemen, Benning. Every. Single. Player. Benning. Brought. Was. Absolute. Trash. With the exception of Vanek.

bazinga GIF

• Cheers 1

15 hours ago, coryberg said:

Seeing as its the 20th time you have brought it up? Definitely not better. 

Very rarely does anyone call out the Sedins on the OEL fiasco. By many, they're viewed as legends beyond reproach. Daniel's assessment of OEL in that clip was so idiotic and full of meaningless, token hockey phrases like "wants to be the guy", "took full responsibility", "wants the pressure of a big market", and "do anything to help a team win". At some point, he and Henrik should have to answer for the part they played in this trade.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, dougieL said:

Very rarely does anyone call out the Sedins on the OEL fiasco. By many, they're viewed as legends beyond reproach. Daniel's assessment of OEL in that clip was so idiotic and full of meaningless, token hockey phrases like "wants to be the guy", "took full responsibility", "wants the pressure of a big market", and "do anything to help a team win". At some point, he and Henrik should have to answer for the part they played in this trade.

Absolutely Loui too. They will never answer for it though. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Interestingly, I was searching Canucks talk and there was a thread about 2 years ago with some calling him the best GM in Canuck history. That didn't age well.

Just now, steviewonder20 said:

Interestingly, I was searching Canucks talk and there was a thread about 2 years ago with some calling him the best GM in Canuck history. That didn't age well.

Calling Benning a good GM? Crazy stuff. He’s the worst we’ve had. And to go from Gillis who built our best teams to Benning was quite the contrast. Thank God we have competent management again. I think a lot of us still suffer from PTBD though. The wounds he caused run deep. 

6 minutes ago, GSP* said:

Do they really think fans care about ownership having to pay 20 million dollars? :lol:

The owners are the ones who refused to allow a rebuild so they can pay to undo their mess as far as I’m concerned.

Like they said Vancouver couldn’t even trade OEL with salary retention. Kinda tells you what the rest of the league thought about him.

• Like 2
  • There it is 2

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

OEL can’t help us win.

You don’t buy him out and we have a 7.25 mil cap hit for a third pair D. 

Neither option is great. At least they can now try and find a 2.5 mil D man that actually fits the style they need and helps us win. 

Yeah good luck finding a $2.5 million top 4 LD. You are kind of correct but this team just can't exercise patience in anything they do when logic is screaming for exactly that. Whatever, I literally don't even bother caring anymore. I just shake my head and move on. Next up, sign Bear to a 4x$4.5 and we're set. 

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Calling Benning a good GM? Crazy stuff. He’s the worst we’ve had. And to go from Gillis who built our best teams to Benning was quite the contrast. Thank God we have competent management again. I think a lot of us still suffer from PTBD though. The wounds he caused run deep. 

Gillus got gifted a good team only made a couple moves and many bad fillers.But the team was ready to contend when he took over.He kept them together is the best thing he did.The rest was just as bad as Benning.

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yeah good luck finding a $2.5 million top 4 LD. You are kind of correct but this team just can't exercise patience in anything they do when logic is screaming for exactly that. Whatever, I literally don't even bother caring anymore. I just shake my head and move on. Next up, sign Bear to a 4x$4.5 and we're set. 

No do not sign Bear to more then one year, two max.We have younger guys to take over this year and next.

• Like 1
  • There it is 1

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I think you missed the point.

OEL is not a top 4 D man anymore. He’s a third pair guy that is being paid number 1 money.

You don’t need to replace a top 4 with 2.5 you need to find a good third pair guy that fits the style they wanna play.

We needed to acquire another top 4 whether we kept OEL or not.

The way I see it now:

Hughes Hronek

UFA/Trade Myers

Young player UFA

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

I think you missed the point.

OEL is not a top 4 D man anymore. He’s a third pair guy that is being paid number 1 money.

You don’t need to replace a top 4 with 2.5 you need to find a good third pair guy that fits the style they wanna play.

We needed to acquire another top 4 whether we kept OEL or not.

The way I see it now:

Hughes Hronek

UFA/Trade Myers

Young player UFA

Way I see the D now we do need help.

QH. Hronek

Hirose Myers

Wolanin Johansson or Woo or McWard

Not good we need d help