The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Buyout] Zack Kassian, Patrik Nemeth

What a joke franchise. 

I'm not surprised that some of their own draft picks and players won't want to play for them. They are penny pinching to the nth degree. 

5 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Kassian is no longer NHL-calibre.

Nemeth, on the other hand, is still a decent player. Plays the physical, shutdown style we need more of. Might be a good buy-low option.

Yip, Nemeth is definitely a low buy option that suits our needs.

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, rekker said:

Love Kassian. Not sure if he's still battling the demons though. If he is clean I'd love to see this guy back and on the fourth line. 

We have much better players than Kassian on the 4th line and they can also fight better than Kassian. Joshua, Aman and Studnicka are all better options on the 4th line 

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

They currently have around $32,000,000.00 in cap space and they feel they need to buy out guys? 

They're getting ready to acquire Matthews.  He will chew up nearly half of that cap space lol

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

We have much better players than Kassian on the 4th line and they can also fight better than Kassian. Joshua, Aman and Studnicka are all better options on the 4th line 

He turns 33 in January.  I think his time is done.  Still managed to play over 650 games at the NHL level.  Ending up playing more games at the NHL level (as of this date anyhow) than Michael Grabner.  I would've never thought that would happen given his inner demons (that I hope he's moved well past).

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

43 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

I healthy ready to play Kassian would be a boost to any teams bottom-6. But that's the million dollar question. I hope Zack is ok, always loved this guy's game when healthy.