The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] After the OEL buyout, is Millar worth more as a trade before June 30 or experience we need as mentor

We all knew cap was an issue. I bet OEL would have re-negotiated his contract to 2 MIL per year for 8 years with a cash payment of 10 mil. but there is the "contract"

If I had a contract and couldn't reasonably fulfill the duties of that contract, (like if I was a plumber, electrician, or a man-whore who couldnt perform) I could re-negociate said contract before the opposite party sued me. NHL teams dont have this option.

Is Millar going to be worth this new shiny contract? Can we burn it before it goes to effect?

Miller is going no where.. they wouldn’t buy out OEL just to trade miller.. if they even thought about trading miller then OEL buyout never would have happened. Whether or not he will live up to his contract? I say no just because part of his game is he likes to skate around with the puck and he’ll prolly lose his speed first. Look at the drop off of oreilly and such. There’s always exceptions but it’s never the Canucks. And usually those exceptions are future hall of famers.. miller is no where near one of those 

• There it is 1

They’d need an ironclad “in” on a 2C before they moved Miller.  

Although, Nick Schmaltz could fit the bill and be available from the Jokeotes. Not sure he’d cost significantly less than what Miller would return.

No one except Petey and Hughes is untouchable but I don't see the point of trading JT unless the pieces coming back are of a quality that makes up for some of the lost production. Considering the moves this team has made recently, the return needs to be more than just cap space and futures. 

12 minutes ago, Toews said:

No one except Petey and Hughes is untouchable but I don't see the point of trading JT unless the pieces coming back are of a quality that makes up for some of the lost production. Considering the moves this team has made recently, the return needs to be more than just cap space and futures. 

Ok. but what if the JT trade was combined with Myers. For like someone like Jack and Luke Hughes ( ya ok but i am dreaming__)

1. No JT is staying and is our #2 C who quarterbacks the PP and provides other intangibles needed to be competitive

2. You put this in the wrong forum. It’s not a Trade, Rumour or Signing.

army le GIF

Edited by grandmaster
  • Haha 4

A Miller for Dubois deal makes a ton of sense for both teams.  Dubois is in the right age range for our other key players, Winnipeg reportedly wants to stay competitive and not rebuild.

How does Winnipeg get a top end player to sign there?  Get a player with lots of club control left.  Miller gives them that, he is also in the age range for a “win now” team who isn’t going to care how badly his contract ages in 5 years as they will likely be in a full rebuild by then.

If we had Dubois extended for an 8x$8.5 deal and signed Petterson to an 8x$9.5-10.0… that gives two key players to build around… hopefully on contracts that get efficient as they hit their primes and the cap inflation makes them cheaper.

• Cheers 2
  • elephant 1

I am surprised how much support there is for this contract, He ain't no Pavel Bure or Marcus Naslund.... Wish what we could see the Sedin's think of this contract. you all realize its till the end of this decade? kinda like the OEL contract when the yotes puffed that into existence?