The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why is no one talking about the missing submarine?

Nucklehead22

3 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Because #fauxoutragematters. :rolleyes:

Oh, and because they like the sound of their voice.  Or, I guess, seeing their threads pop up here, which is kind of the virtual equivalent.

I dunno, I am one of those types of people where I firmly believe if you decide to pay $250k to dive 13,000+ feet in to the ocean in a tin can as a status trip you kinda have to expect bad things are most likely gonna happen.  Like throwing yourself out of an airplane with a fabric sheet strapped to you in a knapsack.

When you decide to tempt fate you have to be ready for the inevitable

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I dunno, I am one of those types of people where I firmly believe if you decide to pay $250k to dive 13,000+ feet in to the ocean in a tin can as a status trip you kinda have to expect bad things are most likely gonna happen.  Like throwing yourself out of an airplane with a fabric sheet strapped to you in a knapsack.

When you decide to tempt fate you have to be ready for the inevitable

What’s the point of being rich if you don’t do what us dirty peasants can’t afford to do?

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Bounce000 said:

What’s the point of being rich if you don’t do what us dirty peasants can’t afford to do?

Why do this stuff though?

Buy a chunk of land, build a big hill make a gothic castle on top of it and dig a moat.  Then get a cool black car drive around at night in a leotard and gimp mask and fight crime!

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Nucklehead22 said:

Is it actually? I thought that was a joke

It’s no joke. Having read several articles on its construction and operating systems it seems pretty hokey to me. 
One of the worst aspects , in my mind, is the fact that you enter the submersible and the entrance hatch is secured closed from the outside with 17 bolts. There is no way out without external assistance. 
You couldn’t pay me to go in that thing. 

Lots of info here if you can navigate through the ads.

https://www.livemint.com/news/world/titan-all-faqs-about-the-titanic-submersible-with-its-capacity-and-other-details-11687264802216.html

Edited by Barnstorm

Names like Stockton ,Hamish ,trafford or Thad , chad or Brad are usually attached to a house for sale sign. Everything will be fine they said , It’ll be fun they said 

Spoiler

Just make sure you’ve sent the bank draft prior to arrival :ph34r:

Edited by chon derry

This is a vacuum implosion,which is assisted and wouldn’t be a continuous pressure such as a depth pressure implosion would be. And it’s relentlessly all encompassing ,(weight)   Depth pressure at 13,000 ft is 350x greater than ambient air pressure and crush’s the whole thing  ,the train car is steel, the mini sub is some kind of fibre  composite, good luck  train-fart-big-cool.gifcrushed-can.gif

Edited by chon derry