The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Flyers trade Tony DeAngelo to Hurricanes

DeAngelo finished the season a healthy scratch in their last 5 games including 1 game where they had only 5Ds available so they played 13 Fs.  Tortorella didn't want to disclose why other than say they take their internal protocols seriously and that he didn't talk much with DeAngelo.  

DeAngelo at the end of the season presser: "He's the coach of the team, so you've gotta respect that, and I respect what he does. Do I agree with it, what happened in the last five games? Absolutely not. I think it's ridiculous that I didn't play in the last five."

• There it is 1

Just now, Kobayashi Maru said:

Never used to be but last year he changed his focus to more of the defensive side:

https://flyersnittygritty.com/https-flyersnittygritty-com-feed-12/

For a 3.5M cap savings it could be worth it if Flyers retain or we swap for Boeser.

Flyers looking primarily for high draft picks for their rebuild.  They don't mind taking contracts back as long as they get the futures they are after.  

They are already using a retention slot on DeAngelo so would be leaving them with only 1.  DeAngelo was scratched their last 5 games so removing him might be more about solving whatever is going on between him and Tortorella.  

• Cheers 1

Just now, canuckwings said:

This is soooooo bad...damn Carolina keeps making other GMs look stupid. When can PA do this?

He did already. He embarrassed Yzerboy by dangling the islanders first which hooked Yzerboy because it could be an unprotected 2024 first. That was frighin’ brilliant! Allvin stole detroits best D. Hronek is only 25, and elite. We got him for Bo friggin’ (overpay me elephant man) Horvat. How in the heck can any true Canuck fan not see that what Allvin accomplished in the scenario is friggin’ brilliant? 

3 minutes ago, canuckwings said:

This is soooooo bad...damn Carolina keeps making other GMs look stupid. When can PA do this?

What exactly has Carolina win? Oh that’s right. NOTHING! 
They are wasting the best years of their core by only making a halfarsed attempt to build the best club possible. Stupid plan. It’s a losers way.