The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] ‘Tis the Dog Days of Summer, Are we Thinging Before Training Camp?

Rate this topic

AngryElf

4 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I’d still like to see a RH’d faceoff man acquired. Do we have anyone in the system (under contact) other than Linus Karlsson?

EDIT: I guess Studnicka? Anyone else?

Bring back Bieksa and Linden for draws only lol

4 minutes ago, BtueyCanuckFan said:

Love the signings. If we can fit Foote in also I think we would be set on Defence

I thought the Canucks said something recently to the effect that they wouldn’t pursue Foote because it would be too awkward and unfair to the others players in the room and create a distraction to have a father coaching his son.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, BtueyCanuckFan said:

We are at -$2.45 Million (currently over the cap). We are under if neither Poolman nor Pearson are able to start the season. That said we are only at a 21 man roster on the big club so I would guess that a trade of some kind has to be in the works. If the Myers to SJ rumours are true that would solve a lot of problems

The current roster isn't accurate FYI and if you sign someone, you remove another demoted players cap. Pretty sure we have ~$2m.

But by all means moving a winger or two and staying out of LTIR would be preferable.

1 minute ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I thought the Canucks said something recently to the effect that they wouldn’t pursue Foote because it would be too awkward and unfair to the others players in the room and create a distraction to have a father coaching his son.

Yep, Dhaliwal reported that Canucks weren’t in on Foote, and PA shot down the Myers trade speculation.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Nice way of saying he's too slow, lacks hockey IQ and we already have about a hundred and three depth D thanks :lol:

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Hard to say tougher as we don't have Schenn but overall we should be better and we have some big D.

Which is what everyone loves right? big D.

Who doesn't love some big D in their back end?! Am I right?! :towel:

• Haha 3
  • Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Hard to say tougher as we don't have Schenn but overall we should be better and we have some big D.

Which is what everyone loves right? big D.

Yeah, it’s tough when you lose the NHL’s hits leader (Schenn was first in the league with 318 hits).

And also Burroughs, who was #2 on the Canucks and #63 in the NHL, with 165 hits in 2022-23.

I think each of the new Dmen are 100+ hits per season guys. And Hronek is also around 100/season.

(I looked it up earlier today and if memory serves, Soucy had 145 hits, Cole and Irwin each had 117, and Hronek something like 101, between Detroit and Vancouver.)

Not that hits are everything, when it comes to toughness.

• Cheers 3