The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hunter Brzustewicz | D

How many fans have seen this player in a game and how come 32 teams scouting staffs passed on him twice ( he was selected in the 3rd round ) lets just cool our jets and wait until we've seen more of his play even though it will be in the OHL. Fantasy should be left to Disney and fans should stick to facts :)

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

How many fans have seen this player in a game and how come 32 teams scouting staffs passed on him twice ( he was selected in the 3rd round ) lets just cool our jets and wait until we've seen more of his play even though it will be in the OHL. Fantasy should be left to Disney and fans should stick to facts :)

I heard Brzustewicz has other interests other than hockey, he likes a lot of different sports. Apparently he wants to get into sports media (I think?), and that may have concerned some GMs about his focus and hockey goals. Their loss, Brzu is going to be good. I saw a mock draft not long ago with him being in the 1st round. Probably end up being a better NHLer than ASP.  

16 minutes ago, CanuckleHorse said:

Nice to see the work Benning did with our scouts paying off, it was so bad before Benning now we actually see good prospects in our pool B)

Most of the quality prospects came post JB. Allvin has added some quality

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, CanuckleHorse said:

Nice to see the work Benning did with our scouts paying off, it was so bad before Benning now we actually see good prospects in our pool B)

Whomever gets the credit, I definitely have a lot more faith in our ability at the draft table nowadays than the pre-Benning days.

on-topic:  just read Wheeler’s article at the athletic. I knew this kid had some buzz around him but sure seems like he has some serious sleeper potential.  Usually for a guy to fall that far he’s significantly undersized but 6’0 190 is alright - if a touch small - for a D man. 

• Upvote 1