The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Solid defensive defenceman, something we need and lack. Would have liked us to go hunting for a bit more size on the blueline but maybe these kids can still grow a bit. I know we're getting so excited about RDs but soon we'll be thin at LD so Mynio is a good pick up.

I’m excited because I have seen him play a number of times as I live 10 minutes from where the Thunderbirds play and I go to games a lot. It will be nice to go see a Canucks prospect in person a bunch next year! He was kind of blocked by a lot of top guys this past season on a stacked team but he’s a really good player. I think once he gets more playing time he will really excel. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Bobby James said:

Like the pick a lot and glad he is so highly regarded for his defensive play already. 

But also hahah so true about the highlight reel being meh. Why can't for non-offensive players they pull highlights of other things they bring like hitting, speed or defense

This!

If it’s a defensive defenseman, we don’t need to see the goal highlights and random shots. Show why we drafted him. 

5 hours ago, Kenny Powers said:

This reads like a future steady NHLer that was picked in the mid rounds.

Like that we got him with the 3rd we got for Schenn at the TDL. Some solid asset management, which is a nice change for Canucks fans.

Hope we’re looking back on this in 4-5 years and thanking Schenn.

That would be nice, and even nicer still to thank Schenn again for the same again this year. He'll cost too much though.

Long ways to go yet for this kid, but if he can become a decent depth guy it's a win.

• Cheers 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/29/2023 at 1:02 PM, Citizen Erased said:

Yeah..I don’t know about you though, but I prefer bigger, thicker D with lots of stamina.

And fists the size of watermelons, and a head as impervious to damage as Tie Domi. Domi was a great name for that enormous head.

19 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

And fists the size of watermelons, and a head as impervious to damage as Tie Domi. Domi was a great name for that enormous head.

In the Pacific Coloseum we sat next to one of the coaches families, in  fact it turned out they lived close by and we became pretty good friend. Any way I was told when TO visted some one took Domi's helmut and placed on top of the those large ball like grabage cans ( ex Expo garbage cans ) he was not best pleased 

• Haha 1

On 8/8/2023 at 10:46 AM, Fred65 said:

In the Pacific Coloseum we sat next to one of the coaches families, in  fact it turned out they lived close by and we became pretty good friend. Any way I was told when TO visted some one took Domi's helmut and placed on top of the those large ball like grabage cans ( ex Expo garbage cans ) he was not best pleased 

Ty would fight anybody, for sure. I wonder how many knuckles were broken on that enormous dome of his. Did it have a concrete layer?

• 1 month later...