The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Filip Zadina

13 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

There have been 82+82+69+56 games in the past 4 seasons --> 289 games for a total of 108 missed in 4 years, which is still a lot.

Ahh, my mistake. totally forgot about the shortened seasons.,

checked his stats and saw how many Zadina missed based over a full 82 game season.

Good catch and thanks for the correction ;)

Good to see we were not on the end of another bustaroo of a high draft pick there - we certainly got the luck for once when Det picked him over Hughes as I remember lot of people salivating as he dropped. 

I wouldn't get too excited on the pick-up someone way higher in the order will give this guy another chance, high draft picks always get 9 lives. 

• There it is 1

57 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

put it this way... in the last 4 seasons (82 games x 4=328) zadina has played 181 of those games, meaning he's missed 141 games in 4 years.

:sadno:

Also during these 4 seasons played 23 games for their AHL team, and 17 in the Czech league.  Hard to be in 2 places at once.  But yes, has dealt with injuries and scratches

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Ahh, my mistake. totally forgot about the shortened seasons.,

checked his stats and saw how many Zadina missed based over a full 82 game season.

Good catch and thanks for the correction ;)

It's all good, because either way you look at it, it's TONS of missed games in that 4 year stretch. Not something you want from a top prospect you picked 6th overall. 

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Good to see we were not on the end of another bustaroo of a high draft pick there - we certainly got the luck for once when Det picked him over Hughes as I remember lot of people salivating as he dropped. 

I missed that draft. Were they salivating as much about Zedina as they did with Zach Benson ?

Assuming that Dries, and Di Giuseppe both go back to the minors. We have 11 roster spots already taken. So that's essentially 13 forwards that will be fighting for one roster spot. Unless Allvin can make some trades and get some cap room.

I'd rather see the Canucks get Comtois who adds size, and grit, along with hopefully an improvement on 20 points.

• There it is 1

3 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

I missed that draft. Were they salivating as much about Zedina as they did with Zach Benson ?

about the same but at the same time IIRC a couple of insiders were roasting stevie y / minor Scouting in Detroit as Quinn was literally in their backyard and passed on him for Zadina.

Edit*

Imagine if Detroit grabbed Q.Hughes and Seider the next year?! :shock:

Edited by GhostsOf1994
see edit
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

about the same but at the same time IIRC a couple of insiders were roasting stevie y / minor Scouting in Detroit as Quinn was literally in their backyard and passed on him for Zadina.

I don’t think it was Stevie though. Still Holland at the time. Hence the stupid pick

• Thanks 1