The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[RUMOUR] William Nylander seeking a contract over $10 million

1 hour ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

What they really need is for their big players to score throughout entire playoff series and not just go ham in 2/7 games.  The team easily qualifies for the playoffs every year.  And some postseason games Matthews and Marner go off for 4-point games.  How they can't keep that up is... just not good enough.  Even soft players are more consistent than those two.

What I find interesting is that up until this year, the contending teams all have their players making 10 million or less. Maybe paying these guys what ever they want is not the right path to take? ::D

17 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

What I find interesting is that up until this year, the contending teams all have their players making 10 million or less. Maybe paying these guys what ever they want is not the right path to take? ::D

Best part of me not caring for Toronto is I hope they continue this path, renew JT for 8-9mill too 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Nylander should get the BO special. BO should be at $6.5 million max. At the end of the day there will always be a GM who will overpay for a free agent. So Nylander will be looking for that GM to try and hit a home run. 

As far as Bo, yes, I agree. He should have been max, $7 mil. But that's it. And yeah, Nylander will try to get as much as possible. Let some other sucker pay. 

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, BarnBurner said:

As far as Bo, yes, I agree. He should have been max, $7 mil. But that's it. And yeah, Nylander will try to get as much as possible. Let some other sucker pay. 

Yup.

Bo max should have been $7M.

Nylander max should be about $8-8.5M.

• Cheers 1

Flames and Maple Leafs Could Make 'Game-Breaking' Nylander Trade (msn.com)

Sportsnet 960’s George Rusic has raised the idea of the Flames pursuing a trade for Nylander, citing the lack of dynamic players on the Flames’ roster, along with the ability of Nylander’s offensive skills and potential to be a difference-maker make him an attractive target. In fact, he said outside of Rasmus Andersson and Lindholm himself — unless the latter’s plan is to leave regardless — there’s not a player on the roster he wouldn’t trade for Nylander.

On the show, the rumored offer was Noah Hanifin and a first-round pick. He asked if that was enough to start the conversation if Nylander wasn’t committed long-term. If Nylander was willing to work out a long-term extension as part of the deal, he then threw out the idea of including Connor Zary to finalize things.

43 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Flames and Maple Leafs Could Make 'Game-Breaking' Nylander Trade (msn.com)

Sportsnet 960’s George Rusic has raised the idea of the Flames pursuing a trade for Nylander, citing the lack of dynamic players on the Flames’ roster, along with the ability of Nylander’s offensive skills and potential to be a difference-maker make him an attractive target. In fact, he said outside of Rasmus Andersson and Lindholm himself — unless the latter’s plan is to leave regardless — there’s not a player on the roster he wouldn’t trade for Nylander.

On the show, the rumored offer was Noah Hanifin and a first-round pick. He asked if that was enough to start the conversation if Nylander wasn’t committed long-term. If Nylander was willing to work out a long-term extension as part of the deal, he then threw out the idea of including Connor Zary to finalize things.

This will be an interesting move even more so if Nylander ops for the no re-sign option

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, BobbyClarke said:

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that Nylander will sign with anyone who’s willing to pay him $10m/yr

I feel he'll have a harder time with that number outside of Toronto as the non Leaf comaprables damage his case for the 10 target he is after. 

On 7/8/2023 at 11:35 AM, BobbyClarke said:

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that Nylander will sign with anyone who’s willing to pay him $10m/yr

On 7/8/2023 at 11:48 AM, canuck73_3 said:

I feel he'll have a harder time with that number outside of Toronto as the non Leaf comaprables damage his case for the 10 target he is after

Debrincat @ 7.8 million, not helping Willy's 10 million + case. ::D

On 7/6/2023 at 5:29 PM, EdgarM said:

Pssst, don't tell Dubas that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

He’s a 60 point player, not really on Nylander’s level. 

Debrincat had 200 points in the last 3 seasons and Nylander had 209 points. In those 3 seasons they both had a 40 goal season, they are on the same level.

1 hour ago, EdgarM said:

Debrincat had 200 points in the last 3 seasons and Nylander had 209 points. In those 3 seasons they both had a 40 goal season, they are on the same level.

Disagree and would take Nylander between the two. 

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

On 7/7/2023 at 9:44 AM, BPA said:

Yup.

Bo max should have been $7M.

Nylander max should be about $8-8.5M.

Unfortunately Horvat signed for 8.5 Million X 8 yrs bad deal for guy thats  25--30 G --60--68 point guy -Deal should of been max 7.5 million--- Horvat NYI G30-- G 7 - PTS 16 --He should thanks his Canuck teammates for his great deal Very good start in

Vancouver GP49 -- PTS 54

Miller 30  -is more offensive should produce 76--85 points -- Worth 7.7--8 million

Nylander 27 -Last 2 season - G 34 --41 -- PTS 80--88---Should get a good deal 8 YRS X 9.2 million range

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

I think Nylander is the better player between him and DeBrincat. 
That isn’t much more than Brock. 
Nylander has turned into a high level offensive player. 
No winger is worth $10M at this time. Ovechkin was. 

Panarin.