The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What's your hottest take for this season?

Rate this topic

sashimii

22 hours ago, combover said:

Petterson is going to irritated and frustrated with the endless barrage of false trade rumours signing $$$ rumours and media question.

a distraction this club can’t afford. 
And a real con when EP actually does consider if he wants to be here long term.

the last deal he signed he said it’s a show me a direction and some winning so far the organization has failed to live up to their  side. 

we will be horrible in the faceoff circle 

Of course you predictably go to worst case scenario :lol:

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Of course you predictably go to worst case scenario :lol:

Far from the worst case. 

Petey will probably give some death stares if he is asked too much. We know our media, they will hound him. Barring our success Petey will have things to consider.

Faceoffs depends. Blueger/Miller are both above 50%. Suter/Petey are below 50%. I see us being average but if injuries At C happen then yeah it can go downhill.

A worst case would be...  Miller and Rick Tocchet and both get into a fight after tempers flare and they knock each other and are out for the year. Demko becomes allergic to pucks. Petey/Hughes demand for trades and we get fleeced in the deals. We are the last placed team but draft 4th overall and he busts. Aquilini sells the team to Messier. Marchand steals Debs cowbell and it brings the Bruins good fortune, carrying them to the cup and he parades with the cowbell. Alf gets abducted by aliens and is never heard from again. Vintage implodes from malfunctioning. Heffy starts to like the Leafs.

If you've read all those worst case scenarios then you're probably going to have nightmares tonight. But hey, you didn't write it, so excuse me while I check myself into a mental institute. 

• Haha 4

Only positive takes for a change:

Hughes scores 14 goals

Beau scores 25 goals on the season

Canucks finish about 15th for goals against.

Canucks dj gets replaced by AI who does a better job until it starts playing some inappropriate songs.

Edited by OldFaithfulCap
c
  • Cheers 2

4 hours ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Canucks Ice the leagues best Third line 

Hoglander Suter Podkolzin 

Hogz 21g 19a

Suter 22g 27a

Podz 20g 21a 

All hitting 20+ and 40+ points. No more 4a/4b scenario. Canucks finally find their 3rd line players

That line would have awesome puck pursuit/possession.

Also interested to see if Mikheyev makes sense there to make a fast checking line.

Suter and Blueger create some interesting options for our bottom six…

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Certainly can’t teach the size and d kills Klim has, that’s for sure. 

If RT puts him in a low risk position to start, say fourth line right wing, where he can concentrate on a simple, mistake free game, while still honing his skills; I think he could flourish and slowly work his way up to third line minutes.

He's got the skills to be an effective forechecking, high energy, power forward with, possibly, slightly higher then average scoring ability. 

If he meets his potential, I can a reliable 40-50 pnt player here.

Third line center would be ideal.

• Vintage 1

22 hours ago, komodo0921 said:

If RT puts him in a low risk position to start, say fourth line right wing, where he can concentrate on a simple, mistake free game, while still honing his skills; I think he could flourish and slowly work his way up to third line minutes.

He's got the skills to be an effective forechecking, high energy, power forward with, possibly, slightly higher then average scoring ability. 

If he meets his potential, I can a reliable 40-50 pnt player here.

Third line center would be ideal.

Never thought of Klim as a centre. Interesting idea. 

Messier comes to town,  Lays stocks crash.

The Sedins do a PTO with EDM shocking!    Because a flight to Vancouver is cancelled after coming home from a trip home, and we're like, why not?   Holland doesn't sign them

because they ask for 22% of the cap. 

Edited by IBatch

Ovi has his 40th goal in April, making his record even harder to beat.   Then gets conscripted in the summer to Captain a Red Army team, along with Kuzmenko,  Podz, Ilya M etc - the Wall is officially raised again.   Gretzky slowly grins realizing his record is safe.  

PIT makes the playoffs,  EK scored 110 points.

Silvos continues his stellar play, starts a goalie controversy.    We haven't had one in a couple years.   

Brock makes up for lost time.   Scores 30 goals and makes a statement with his play without the puck too.   Vedder is impressed even. 

Canucks are a surprise team.   Finishing 3rd in our division.    

QHs scores 90 points.   

EP scores  105  points and 40 goals.   Signs for 11.5 x 8  following suit with JT, leaving some money on the table.    Continuing  his run of what will be, 8 consecutive 100 point seasons for us. 

Soucy scores 11 goals, beating his 10 goal season.    All even strength.    Becoming the last Canuck to do that since???!    He also destroys 11 guys standing them up on the blue line, and gets in 11 fights as a result.    More fans buy his jersey this year than Hronek.   Fan favourite by Christmas.

Hogs gets waived, CAL picks him up. 

JT Miller is named Captain.   Has a typical Miller season, yet again a PPG player.   

Edited by IBatch

On 8/28/2023 at 5:42 PM, The Lock said:

1. I think Hronek will be better than we realise.

2. I also think we'll barely squeak into the playoffs and have one of those teams that's terrible in the regular season but better in the playoffs.

Sure hope that's our team.    We know they can beat any team at any given night.   We saw this during the Bruce bump, and even during the Green days (with a much different team).    

Things seem to be falling into place at least.   It's actually a bit of a relief coming into a new season with no more expectations.   Covid.   Bump.   Tochett for sure sent a message to his players and the fanbase, if you're not in the playoffs it's not a summer vacation.    Hope that the players took that to heart and come in like Juice did.    If they did then playoffs are for sure within their grasp.   It's a very young team.   Glad we have teaching coaches, and do think his message will get across.     Night and day watching practice footage.   Tochett looks like he could pull a Paul Newman and be a player coach if he wanted.   

We've been waiting a long time to have a Liden era again.   Even when he came back, he elevated his play.   Normally players don't put up as many points in the post season  ..  The sure did well their first crack at it, MIN was a top defensive team then (top 4),  St. Louis looked very good too.  

This team needs playoff reps.   We've got two of the best players this clubs ever had.   And some other solid pieces.    Would be great to find out the bubble wasn't a fluke, and that we can win games against a team like Vegas and COL, without relying on goaltending next time.  

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, IBatch said:

Sure hope that's our team.    We know they can beat any team at any given night.   We saw this during the Bruce bump, and even during the Green days (with a much different team).    

Things seem to be falling into place at least.   It's actually a bit of a relief coming into a new season with no more expectations.   Covid.   Bump.   Tochett for sure sent a message to his players and the fanbase, if you're not in the playoffs it's not a summer vacation.    Hope that the players took that to heart and come in like Juice did.    If they did then playoffs are for sure within their grasp.   It's a very young team.   Glad we have teaching coaches, and do think his message will get across.     Night and day watching practice footage.   Tochett looks like he could pull a Paul Newman and be a player coach if he wanted.   

We've been waiting a long time to have a Liden era again.   Even when he came back, he elevated his play.   Normally players don't put up as many points in the post season  ..  The sure did well their first crack at it, MIN was a top defensive team then (top 4),  St. Louis looked very good too.  

This team needs playoff reps.   We've got two of the best players this clubs ever had.   And some other solid pieces.    Would be great to find out the bubble wasn't a fluke, and that we can win games against a team like Vegas and COL, without relying on goaltending next time.  

Yeah, I think the real question is whether or not Tocchet gets through to the players long term. It's one thing to "talk the talk" and "walk the walk, but that does not mean results until we actually see results.

If we have another poor start to the season, then something's going to have to give because I think the issues at that point are beyond the coach and perhaps some of the comments previously mentioned about the players (ie. it being a "country club") prove to actually be true. Other teams have proven that you can have a lot of good pieces, but if those pieces don't fit overall as a team... it's all for naught unfortunately. I'll admit that a part of me just wants to see the team do things right for once and actually do a true rebuild, but I know that may not be feasible at this point in time as well.

That being said, I stand by what I said in terms of this potentially being a team that may not be great in the regular season, but I see a lot of potentially good playoff pieces if we do make the playoffs; thus, my hot take.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1