The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Senators, Canucks Could Be Teams To Watch On Trade Market

RWJC

26 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Alfred, how in your right mind/empties can you even say Woo is a better option at this point in time? That’s absurd and you know it. He hasn’t even spent a second in the big show yet. Hope he makes it there sometime this season, but claiming that he’s better than Myers right now is a busteroo opinion. 

I think he’s saying Myers at his cap brings less Value than those other guys at there cap hits and I do agree we have better options in our system maybe not Woo but juulsen 100% take him at more than 5 million less 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

I think he’s saying Myers at his cap brings less Value than those other guys at there cap hits and I do agree we have better options in our system maybe not Woo but juulsen 100% take him at more than 5 million less 

That is still not even remotely true though and anyone with any knowledge of the game knows that... 

• Wat 2

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

I think it's a pretty safe bet that one of Cole/Soucy ends up playing right side with Hughes. The other with Hronek. Myers on the third pair (likely with Irwin/Wolanin).

Juulsen, if he makes the club, is likely #7/8 D (along with Irwin/Wolanin). And there for injuries/replace Myers should a trade develop. Though I'd imagine at some point if we move Myers/have injuries, we'll also sign Bear when he's healthy.

Ya, I agree, they certainly have options this year.

They're bigger on the back end too.  Soucy, Cole and Irwin are all over 6' and north of 200 lbs.  And can play either side.  But Cole (34) and Irwin (35) are here for the short term on year by year contracts

I think they re-sign Bear too.  They just aren't counting on him.  I take a healthy Bear over Juulsen so it's up to him to make an impression until that happens.

Also, Brisebois showed that he is a capable call up but at 6'2" and 175 he's a bit of a string bean and won't be getting physical with anyone.  I don't think that he fits the Canucks profile (physical)(many don't)

Wolanin I think is capable of being a #6

Hirose was a nice surprise but he's undersized at 6'0" 170 imo and may become a call up level player but we'll see if he is a good enough skater to make the bigs.

I suspect that Myers stays, as I said earlier, but if they do get an offer, they have the pieces to get along without him.  But I think that Allvin still has his eye out for a longer term replacement on the right side.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

That is still not even remotely true though and anyone with any knowledge of the game knows that... 

that Myers is 6x better than juulsen? Well if that’s the case guess I know nothing about hockey orrrrr maybe just maybe you dont understand caphit to production value… pretty sure Myers is worth roughly 3-4 million which gives him a value of -2.5 let’s say…. Juulsen contract is 775,000 his value is probably pushing 900,000 which would give him a plus value of +125,000, not a big analytics guy but when it comes to depth I agree with managing your cap space based on value after your super stars are locked up, I am not okay with paying someone big bucks because they are tall and can poke check out of the mistake they put themselves in to begin with

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

that Myers is 6x better than juulsen? Well if that’s the case guess I know nothing about hockey orrrrr maybe just maybe you dont understand caphit to production value… pretty sure Myers is worth roughly 3-4 million which gives him a value of -2.5 let’s say…. Juulsen contract is 775,000 his value is probably pushing 900,000 which would give him a plus value of +125,000, not a big analytics guy but when it comes to depth I agree with managing your cap space based on value after your super stars are locked up, I am not okay with paying someone big bucks because they are tall and can poke check out of the mistake they put themselves in to begin with

Salary doesn't factor into actual on ice performance, Myers is a better player on ice than Juulsen and it's not even remotely debatable. They play on ice, not a calculator. 

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Salary doesn't factor into actual on ice performance, Myers is a better player on ice than Juulsen and it's not even remotely debatable. They play on ice, not a calculator. 

Lol you said it isn't even remotely true that juulsen brings a better value but then ignore very obvious tangibles that would suggest otherwise and then on top of that follow through saying anyone that doesn’t agree with your very shallow minded theory knows nothing about the game of hockey, just seems like a very condescending flex on your behalf 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, RWJC said:

Alfred, how in your right mind/empties can you even say Woo is a better option at this point in time? That’s absurd and you know it. He hasn’t even spent a second in the big show yet. Hope he makes it there sometime this season, but claiming that he’s better than Myers right now is a busteroo opinion. 

Watch Woo in camp and preseason. He will prove Alf’s empties can see the future. Woo Whoooo! :towel:

3 hours ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Lol you said it isn't even remotely true that juulsen brings a better value but then ignore very obvious tangibles that would suggest otherwise and then on top of that follow through saying anyone that doesn’t agree with your very shallow minded theory knows nothing about the game of hockey, just seems like a very condescending flex on your behalf 

The game is played on ice and Juulsen is not the player Myers is, if you think he is you deserve the condescension :lol:

• Wat 1

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Seems like we're always a "team to watch" on the trade front and, aside from the Horvat trade, it almost never happens. How many times have Miller, Boeser, Garland and even Demko been "on the trade block"?

Alf’s empties wouldn’t be too shocked if Demko is traded. Kings or Ducks would give a lot to get him. 

3 minutes ago, Citizen Erased said:

Do they even have any players we need? They’re not giving up Doughty or Kopitar. Doubt the Ducks would give us Terry or Carlsson.

Would be young D and picks coming back. Likely Clarke + or Drysdale +. The empties have corked their tops. Can’t get a peep out of them now. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Would be young D and picks coming back. Likely Clarke + or Drysdale +. The empties have corked their tops. Can’t get a peep out of them now. 

Or your favourite, Quinton Byfield.

:bigblush:

Edited by RWJC
  • Haha 1