The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2023 Young Stars Classic Thread

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, Pure961089 said:

Imagine if Johansson can walk in and take a top 4 spot at the rhd position?  Who does he have to beat?  I think this opportunity has dropped on his lap. He needs to come out gangbusters and seize this opportunity.  Who's in his way?  Myers?  All he needs to do is play the same way he did in the SHL.  He has the pedigree of a 1st rounder and he's (23) still young. 

Well, assuming the first spot is Hronek.. he has to beat out Cole, Myers, Juulsen, McWard and Woo. That's just the players who already play RD who I would already rate higher on the depth chart then Johansson.

Could contain: Floor, Flooring, Indoors, Interior Design, Animal, Cat, Mammal, Pet, Hardwood, Wood

Could contain: Animal, Cat, Kitten, Mammal, Pet, Manx, Furniture

Also, since my post got so much love earlier.

Kitty is still feeling pretty low, but she's had some food today and seems like she's slowly starting to get more energy as the days gone on. I'll put her blanket in the dryer before the game to give her a good place to sit.

Edited by MeanSeanBean
  • Like 3
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Pure961089 said:

Also Faber said the same thing.   Which is So Confusing because if he were under contract with the KHL wouldn't he be in Russia preparing? why would he be here in Vancouver?   We need to know for sure.

Could contain: File, Webpage

The only thing that I found in Russian language internet was news from July 10 that Zlodeyev had (at a time) a contract with Spartak Moscow until the end of 23-24 season and that he was invited to the Canucks training camp. The article also said that if Zlodeyev attends the camp he will be in violation of section 1.6 of chapter 5 in KHL regulations. Of course, I looked it up and that’s where it gets weird. Chapter 5 is “Responsibilities of the Player”, but section 1.6 states that the player must pass anti doping course online. If anything, some other sections might apply here. For example, 1.4 - “Participate in sport competitions only at the direction of the club”. Or 1.29 about “providing professional services exclusively to the club…”. Or the closest must be 1.33 - “Not to play for any other team and not to participate in any other sport activities without written permission of the club”. Yet there’s nothing anywhere about Zlodeyev’s contract being terminated.

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Doggo's are always right. Even if they are wrong.

Cats however think they’re always right and they think they OWN EVERYTHING!

Great to see everyone back! Hope you had a good summer Ghost. Very excited to see the next wave of baby nucks and how they progress in Abby.

Could contain: Animal, Cat, Mammal, Pet, Angora

Could contain: Animal, Cat, Mammal, Pet, Head, Person, Siamese, Face

Could contain: Animal, Cat, Kitten, Mammal, Pet, Canine, Dog, Angora

Edited by EP Phone Home

19 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

On paper that second line should be tough to play against.

Yeah that's what i was thinking. That's an almost prototypical NHL 3rd line, Big, defensive responsible with scoring upside - let's hope it plays out that way. 

I was initially a bit surprised they didn't put Raty on the 'top' line, but I watched Sasson in the a good bit last year and his vision and IQ is seriously high, he could be setting up some plays for Klim and McD. 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Yeah that's what i was thinking. That's an almost prototypical NHL 3rd line, Big, defensive responsible with scoring upside - let's hope it plays out that way. 

I was initially a bit surprised they didn't put Raty on the 'top' line, but I watched Sasson in the a good bit last year and his vision and IQ is seriously high, he could be setting up some plays for Klim and McD. 

I'd argue the Raty line is the first line.  Whichever line Bains is on is probably the top line