The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2023 Young Stars Classic Thread

-Vintage Canuck-

Just noticed the Oilers have 15 camp invites on their roster!

That’s out of 25 players. :blink:

7/14 of their forwards, 6/8 defencemen, and 2/3 of their goalies, are all invites.

Kinda shocking to think that Edmonton only had 2 defencemen in their system that they could bring to the tournament and needed to find 6 invites on D to make their roster.

I think we’d be losing our minds here over this team’s prospect pool and system depth if the Canucks announced that 60% of their Young Stars roster, and 75% of the defencemen, were invites. :frantic:

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

50 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

My cats been pretty sick recently. I'm quite looking forward to wrapping her in a blanket and watching the game tonight. She loves hockey, it's the only time I'll sit still with her for any extended amount of time.

Hopefully cuddles and a Canucks win helps your cat bounce back to good health =)

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

My cats been pretty sick recently. I'm quite looking forward to wrapping her in a blanket and watching the game tonight. She loves hockey, it's the only time I'll sit still with her for any extended amount of time.

Hope she feels better soon! I bet she’s as tough as Gino!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MeanSeanBean said:

My cats been pretty sick recently. I'm quite looking forward to wrapping her in a blanket and watching the game tonight. She loves hockey, it's the only time I'll get to sit still with her for any extended amount of time.

Nice to see that Sean Bean is not so mean after all. Take care of that kitty and just watch out for @Alflives and lock your doors if there are any sightings of him.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Just noticed the Oilers have 15 camp invites on their roster!

That’s out of 25 players. :blink:

7/14 of their forwards, 6/8 defencemen, and 2/3 of their goalies, are all invites.

Kinda shocking to think that Edmonton only had 2 defencemen in their system that they could bring to the tournament and needed to find 6 invites on D to make their roster.

I think we’d be losing our minds here over this team’s prospect pool and system depth if the Canucks announced that 60% of their Young Stars roster, and 75% of the defencemen, were invites. :frantic:

that's because Edmonton doesn't play defence 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

I rescued this damn cat from the cow barn at 4 weeks old and the vet told me she had a very slim chance of surviving the night. 9 years later and she's spunky little monkey and enjoys attacking my legs to show her appreciation. I'm more of a dog person (got a pitty/lab mutt rescue) but this cat is my little buddy and I'd do anything for her. 

I have a cat and 2 dogs. The cat and one of the dogs will be watching the game with me while he recovers from knee surgery. I find it hilarious that my cat watches the games but I think the motion is what draws her attention. 

• Thanks 1

So happy to have some Hockey back - Young stars for me has always signaled that start of a new season, always enjoyed the event and I'm really glad that the teams are still doing it and streaming it to us fans. 

Will be really interesting too i think for us Canucks fans. While we don't have the high-end Swedish draft picks here we will get a really good look at both the 'maturing' set of players in the likes of Raty, Klimovie, McDonough Bains, Bloom, Sasson, Johansson, Hirose etc and some of the super interesting higher picks like Kudryavtsev, Brzustewicz etc. 

Its a mature side for sure, and hopefully we will get to see some returns on the organizational restructure with the Abo crew, the scouting network, and the twins impact on some of these players. 

We've never really had much in the way of developed prospects being promoted to, and sticking with the team for a lonnng time - some success here would be huge, especially with the OEL buyout bomb on its way next year. 

39 minutes ago, VforVasili said:

I have a cat and 2 dogs. The cat and one of the dogs will be watching the game with me while he recovers from knee surgery. I find it hilarious that my cat watches the games but I think the motion is what draws her attention. 

100%. My cat loves hockey and I'm not sure my dog even knows there's a tv.

• Haha 1

On 9/12/2023 at 11:22 PM, Captain Canuck #12 said:

Try to get some of the elusive Karel Plasek.  We need photos or he didn't happen!  Something like this would do: Photo shows what former rodeo rider Roger Patterson said is the American version of the Abominable Snowman. He said pictures of the creature, estimated at 7 1/2 feet tall, were taken northeast of Eureka, California.

I'll do my best, bartending tonight at 8 so I'll miss tonight's game.

If anyone is here to watch the event this weekend and looking for food, drink or activity idea's let me know.  I can always forward some suggestions

Edited by Warhippy