The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PTO] Josh Bailey with Senators

Just now, Citizen Erased said:

I wish the Canucks had offered him a PTO. They haven’t offered anyone any of them. 

No ... we got a logjam of crap as it is lol. Getting under cap will be tricky.

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't mind but doesn't appear to be in the plans at all.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

No ... we got a logjam of crap as it is lol. Getting under cap will be tricky.

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't mind but doesn't appear to be in the plans at all.

Only guy who could’ve made sense is ZAR for the 4th line but that’s about it. But yeah we’re super clogged up as it is. 

20 minutes ago, Pears said:

Only guy who could’ve made sense is ZAR for the 4th line but that’s about it. But yeah we’re super clogged up as it is. 

I would’ve been cool with Hajek or Pysyk on D, who are both trying out with the Pens.  I guess we could still sign any of them.

3 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

If Pearson's still out, Bailey as the 13th forward could be a smart choice, since he's played in all situations before and could be a savvy fill-in anywhere.

Pearson is already a winger too many and it looks like he is healthy.

7 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

It would be a big turnaround for the team if we could draft and develop some quality players.

I think the new management has made massive strides. Invested a tonne in player development (Sedins, Higgins, Komisarek) and added essentially an entire draft+ worth of prospects for Abby (Raty, Johansson,  Hirose, Bains, Sasson, McWard, Tolopilo, Nielsen)

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Lionized27 said:

Not sure what to really expect from a 34a Bailey. If he can pot 30pts. he's a serviceable depth signing at this point in his career. 

Stats/age prove he's on the decline but it's good to see he's willing to showcase at least the willingness to compete. 

Can still be a good 3rd liner on most teams.  

• 2 weeks later...