The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

2 hours ago, Toni Zamboni said:

my guess is that Burrows will not be traded at the tdl and will most likely be re-signed for 1 year.

Willie loves Burrows.

So you're saying there's a chance!

(that we'll see Burrows raise the Cup for the Canucks)

Next year, everyone remains relatively healthy. Hansen also stays - Honey Badger snarly good. Virtanen learns his lessons and jumps to the next level next season and is a wrecking ball with hands. Tram continues to make huuuuuge strides. Granlund and Baer and Stecher have no letdown. Eriksson following his usual MO for teams settles in next year, improves and plays to his potential. Markstrom is handed the reigns and is lights out. Miller and Edler are both traded in the Summer and we pick up an elite free agent to take us over the top with a last year contract extra effort by the twins. And of course Burrows is Burrows. @#%@ the rebuild....  Somehow against all odds.....WOO HOO!

EDIT: Nevermind :(

Edited by kilgore

I really enjoyed watching Burrows during his time here, he didn't always score the most goals, but he scored so many important, Heh.. "clutch" goals.

I'll be a fan of his for life, I'll be cheering for Burrows and the Senators for the rest of his time there.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Father Ryan said:

Immediately upon his retirement, Burrows goes into the Ring of Honour.

His jersey needs to be reserved for a player that has exemplified the rewards of hard effort, despite the odds.

Just my take.

Burrows, it's been great watching you. All the best!

And it would be great if he won a cup between now and then. Would serve really well as the final scene in the movie about his rise from nowhere unto awesome-ness. All the best Burr. You were/are one of the greats.

• Upvote 4