The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

I couldn't agree more, Burrows absolutely won us the game tonight and his gutsy performance shows how impactful he can be outside of the score sheet.  If he wants to go to a contender at the deadline send him where he wants to go but I hope he's resigned in the off season.  

FROM AN ARTICLE BY THE SCORE. 

The 35-year-old is a pending unrestricted free agent, but he has a full no-trade clause that could make dealing him difficult. The Canucks aren't completely out of the playoff race thanks to the parity of the Western Conference, but Burrows said he'll talk to management when the time comes to make a decision.

“If they think they’ve got to rebuild and they can get an asset for me, I’d feel … not an obligation, but I’d think about it,” he told MacIntyre. “Deep down in my heart, I want to make the playoffs with this team. And if something else happens, we’ll think about it. We’ll have a discussion for sure.”

Burrows boosted his trade value over the weekend, scoring the game-winner and adding an assist in a victory Sunday over the Buffalo Sabres, one day after notching a goal and an assist in a loss to the Boston Bruins.

His offensive production certainly isn't what it once was, but with 20 points in 50 games, he's only two points away from tying his output from all of last season.

This guy is such a class act.  He is willing to accommodate a move if it helps the team.   I wish we had more vets willing to be this flexible. 

9 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

FROM AN ARTICLE BY THE SCORE. 

The 35-year-old is a pending unrestricted free agent, but he has a full no-trade clause that could make dealing him difficult. The Canucks aren't completely out of the playoff race thanks to the parity of the Western Conference, but Burrows said he'll talk to management when the time comes to make a decision.

“If they think they’ve got to rebuild and they can get an asset for me, I’d feel … not an obligation, but I’d think about it,” he told MacIntyre. “Deep down in my heart, I want to make the playoffs with this team. And if something else happens, we’ll think about it. We’ll have a discussion for sure.”

Burrows boosted his trade value over the weekend, scoring the game-winner and adding an assist in a victory Sunday over the Buffalo Sabres, one day after notching a goal and an assist in a loss to the Boston Bruins.

His offensive production certainly isn't what it once was, but with 20 points in 50 games, he's only two points away from tying his output from all of last season.

This guy is such a class act.  He is willing to accommodate a move if it helps the team.   I wish we had more vets willing to be this flexible. 

Yeah. Benning deserves credit as well, for being conscientious of where he trades players too. It looks good on the organization to have a GM that shows respect to players regardless of whether they're coming or going.

Just now, Gooseberries said:

I didn't think I would mind getting a pick for burr. But the more I think about it the more it makes me sick to imagine him in about not her jersey

I agree.  I am really torn.

The way he has handled the last couple years and what he has done for Bo and Baer makes it hard to see him move on.  Than again, he is 35 and if he could land a decent young prospect or pick, it is what this team needs to do.

It doesn't make it any easier having watched him single-handedly win the game against Buffalo.  VIntage Burr...if only he were 25 not 35.

• Upvote 2

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Yeah. Benning deserves credit as well, for being conscientious of where he trades players too. It looks good on the organization to have a GM that shows respect to players regardless of whether they're coming or going.

Yup.  I am sure Benning knows Burr would want to go to a contender not some re-building team. 

I would be fine if Burr could re-sign after the season on a 1 year deal and retire a Canuck. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

I agree.  I am really torn.

The way he has handled the last couple years and what he has done for Bo and Baer makes it hard to see him move on.  Than again, he is 35 and if he could land a decent young prospect or pick, it is what this team needs to do.

It doesn't make it any easier having watched him single-handedly win the game against Buffalo.  VIntage Burr...if only he were 25 not 35.

Either way. I'd like to see him

1. Make the ring of honor one day

2. Be hired on by managment

• Upvote 2