The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

It seems like we really did need Burrows. I've watched you and the Canucks play since I was 13, I just entered high school. I'm 23 now, and my second favorite player of all-time behind Luongo, just got traded. It's so sad to realize I'll never see the pesky Burrows in a Canucks sweater again. He was the true heart and soul of this team. He set an example for everyone on the ice, and was a true pillar of kindness off of the ice. I will never forget you Burrows, you have taught the kids coming up well, and I truly hope they learned from a guy who worked the hardest everyday to make sure he has a place on the team. Thanks for the memories. :')

• Upvote 2

It is bittersweet to see Alexandre Burrows go, but there is now way a GM could pass up a decent prospect for a player at the latter years of his career.

But what a career so far for a player who has given his all wearing the blue and green. He was never supposed to even be in the NHL, but his tenacity, work ethic, heart, and determination got him from the ECHL to one of the top lines in the NHL. He gave us many memories that Canucks fans will never forget and I hope that he gets the chance to compete for the cup again.

Thank you.

Edited by 250Integra
  • Upvote 2

I want to say a sincere thanks to Burrows for his time with the Canucks.

He was always considered a gravy train with the Sedins but honestly I think he was highly underrated for all the little things he did that also made them more effective and better players.

No one can ever question his heart, his determination, or his team first approach to hockey. This is a great add for Ottawa. His leadership by example is just what they need.

Good luck Burr, I am rooting for you and the Sens this spring!

Its true, Burrows was one of the reasons I kept watching the Canucks. Now the guy that interests me the most is a guy Willy doesn't like to play too much, Tryamkin. There isn't much exiting about the Canucks any more, and a lot less after this trade. More empty seats I guess. Its sure been a disaster since 2011. Burrows will maybe finish his career on a winnner. Good for him, a big loss for Canucks.

Retire this mans jersey. This guy embodies everything it means to be a Canuck. Hard working, built from the ground up, overcame the death of his friend, battled every step of the way, made the league hate him and took the hate for the team and us fans, scored amazing clutch goals. What more could you want in a single player? I'd still buy this guys jersey.

Edited by hsedin33
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, 250Integra said:

It is bittersweet to see Alexandre Burrows go, but there is now way a GM could pass up a decent prospect for a player at the latter years of his career.

But what a career so far for a player who has given his all wearing the blue and green. He was never supposed to even be in the NHL, but his tenacity, work ethic, heart, and determination got him from the ECHL to one of the top lines in the NHL. He gave us many memories that Canucks fans will never forget and I hope that he gets the chance to compete for the cup again.

Thank you.

FIXED