avelanch

Darren Archibald | #49 | RW/LW

5 hours ago, aGENT said:

SOOOOOO overrated on CDC.

i some what agree, but he was a good depth player to have around.

7 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

That's unfortunate. He'll get scooped up for sure. 

Like the guy, but if he's "scooped up" it's not be on an NHL roster. He's 28 with 43 career NHL games. He'd be going to a team to be competition for younger players to beat out during camp. I wish him the best, but unfortunately it's most likely career AHLer with call up duty. Still not a bad living if you ask me.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/29/2018 at 6:35 PM, Quantum said:

If Jim signs Beagle/Roussel like what's been rumored, I doubt Archibald is re-signed.

The Canucks probably hoped he'd cave and sign a two way deal by now but Archie clearly wants a one way. Some other team will sign him. And he'll probably get waived midseason by that team. At that point, the Canucks could sign him...

2 hours ago, canucklehead80 said:

Like the guy, but if he's "scooped up" it's not be on an NHL roster. He's 28 with 43 career NHL games. He'd be going to a team to be competition for younger players to beat out during camp. I wish him the best, but unfortunately it's most likely career AHLer with call up duty. Still not a bad living if you ask me.

I agree that if the Canucks sign Beagle or Roussel then Archie probably won't be re-signed -- at least not to the one-way NHL contract that he wants. The Canucks need someone who contributes to the physical game and is "hard to play against". If the Canucks fail to sign someone else, they will probably try to sign Archie in that role.

Canucklehead is probably right that there will not be much of a market for Archie. But I think he is under-rated. He did well with Sutter on shutdown and on the PK in last year's late run. He is not fast, but he has some skill and obviously his size, physical play, and solid defensive play are useful.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, JamesB said:

I agree that if the Canucks sign Beagle or Roussel then Archie probably won't be re-signed -- at least not to the one-way NHL contract that he wants. The Canucks need someone who contributes to the physical game and is "hard to play against". If the Canucks fail to sign someone else, they will probably try to sign Archie in that role.

Canucklehead is probably right that there will not be much of a market for Archie. But I think he is under-rated. He did well with Sutter on shutdown and on the PK in last year's late run. He is not fast, but he has some skill and obviously his size, physical play, and solid defensive play are useful.

Archi has been a good soldier. Just like Biega, doesn't come across as angry etc when he's not playing, but when he gets his chance it's hard to question the heart and effort. The problem is that if this team is to continue to improve and grow, it doesn't just involve improving our top end skill. It also means improving our depth and role players. Despite having some good size and playing physical, we still need to improve our lineup from top to bottom, which includes our 4th line. Unfortunately, Archi seems to be getting squeezed out.

He signs a 2 way with a nice $# in Utica. Van roster is still flexible enough for him to have a shot. JB signs 3 UFA's so far. Any of them could be dealt at the TDL. 

• Hydration 1

13 hours ago, JamesB said:

IMO the problem was that the team needed Archi to play physically but after a few games he basically disappeared in that aspect of his game. He is the reason he is not being brought back imo.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Scoop at the Benning presser -- sounds like Archibald has been re-signed.

Edited by Hutton Wink
yup...

3 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Scoop at the Benning presser -- sounds like Archibald has been re-signed.

Utica bound.  Will be a call up when one of the new guys gets injured.

Good for Utica, he plays well there and has a great following.

• Upvote 1

So has there been an official announcement of the Archibald signing?  Still nothing listed on Cap Friendly and I haven't seen anything directly from the Canucks or Comets.  Dhaliwal is usually spot on but the delay in any real announcement seems strange.

1 hour ago, UticaHockey said:

So has there been an official announcement of the Archibald signing?  Still nothing listed on Cap Friendly and I haven't seen anything directly from the Canucks or Comets.  Dhaliwal is usually spot on but the delay in any real announcement seems strange.

It took later than I thought for the Beagle, Schaller, and Roussel signings to be "official official".  Perhaps Benning prefers the old fashioned mail system over those newfangled fax machines.