The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Pretty bad effort by Green Bay, both offensively and defensively. Totally outplayed by SF,  GB looked like they are not ready for the game at all.  

At least Tennessee Titans gave it a try in the other game.

Edited by DonLever
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

The Score is right. Patrick Mahomes is a living cheat code. 

He is like Aaron Rodgers 2.0 except he can still get better. Scary.

59 minutes ago, nux4lyfe said:

SF has this, Best all around team.

This Super Bowl will be hopefully very fun and high scoring on paper.

Chiefs speed at WR will be tough to shutdown entirely.

Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins, Mecole Hardman, DeMarcus Robinson that is a track team.

49ers speed at RB with Mostert,Coleman,and Brieda is exquisite.

Hope both teams can get healthy and put on a show.

We all know the NFL is a copy cat league.

What better way to to get the NFL to it's 100 years.

Classic top offence vs top defence battle.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

I give the Niners a slight edge, based on what i believe is a superior defense. that being said, it's one thing for your pass rush to get to Aaron Rodgers....it's another thing entirely to get Patrick Mahomes on the ground. Further to that PM might be the best QB at throwing on the run / off balance that I've ever seen.

I doubt that Mostert is going to be able to run all over the Chiefs' defense, so Jimmy G is going to have to throw the ball. I think the game comes down to how effective he's going to be at doing so. If he can be somewhere in the 50-60% range, it will probably be enough.

Edited by RUPERTKBD
  • Cheers 1

16 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

He is like Aaron Rodgers 2.0 except he can still get better. Scary.

This Super Bowl will be hopefully very fun and high scoring on paper.

Chiefs speed at WR will be tough to shutdown entirely.

Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins, Mecole Hardman, DeMarcus Robinson that is a track team.

49ers speed at RB with Mostert,Coleman,and Brieda is exquisite.

Hope both teams can get healthy and put on a show.

We all know the NFL is a copy cat league.

What better way to to get the NFL to it's 100 years.

Classic top offence vs top defence battle.

Will be one for the books for sure Chip, Can't wait!

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Rooting for the K.C to win, their fans deserve it.

Plus is the 49ers win, I am sure we are going to see resurgence of life long S.F fans that live in B.C.

Just like we had with Seattle and N.E.

Seattle is 2 hours from Vancouver

3 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Rooting for the K.C to win, their fans deserve it.

Plus is the 49ers win, I am sure we are going to see resurgence of life long S.F fans that live in B.C.

Just like we had with Seattle and N.E.

My brother lives in Vancouver - he's been a 49's fan for almost as long as I have been a Pats fan.

2 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

A lot of lifelong Seahawks fans since 2012 here in Van. They don't even know the names Hasselback, Koren Robinson, Shaun Alexander etc., but they know Russell Wilson!

Maybe a little bit, but did you know that since Seattle moved to the CLink, about 15% of their season ticket holders hail from BC?

On 1/20/2020 at 8:37 PM, Heretic said:

Ha Ha!

82625216_3062156127164388_5356484616578400256_n.jpg

Better hope the game is entertaining because all those Patriots Superbowls were at the very least entertaining^_^.  I hope this game isn't a dud but I think it's going to be.  

On 1/20/2020 at 4:24 PM, Pears said:

:ph34r::ph34r:

The last episode of the Simpsons I remember taking time to watch was the 2011 Vancouver Olympics episode 9 years ago....   Can't believe this show is still kicking, I see Barney fell off the wagon. 

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 10:52 AM, Tre Mac said:

Better hope the game is entertaining because all those Patriots Superbowls were at the very least entertaining^_^.  I hope this game isn't a dud but I think it's going to be.  

To be fair, last year's was boring as hell to watch. I had Pats by 10 because I didn't think Rams were that great (and probably shouldn't have advanced to the Finals either), but I still didn't think it would be that lousy of a game :P The other SBs with the Pats were entertaining and some of the best though.

I have high expectations for this game...probably too high. My biggest fear is JG having a lousy game, but hopefully both QBs duel it out to the end.

Edited by c00kies

10 minutes ago, c00kies said:

To be fair, last year's was boring as hell to watch. I had Pats by 10 because I didn't think Rams were that great (and probably shouldn't have advanced to the Finals either), but I still didn't think it would be that lousy of a game :P The other SBs with the Pats were entertaining and some of the best though.

I have high expectations for this game...probably too high. My biggest fear is JG having a lousy game, but hopefully both QBs duel it out to the end.

That's true I forgot about that, so many Patriot SB's to remember^_^.  I think the blame falls squarely on the Rams though for that though.

• Cheers 1

A little pro tip for those who will be playing Super Bowl props....

The color of the Gatorade shower is usually split between Lime Green, Yellow and Orange.....but it might be an idea to go off the board and pick Purple (in honor of Kobe) this year....