The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Nino Niederreiter wants out?

They didn't even invite him to camp? What is Snow thinking.

He'll probably hold onto this kid even though he wants out, and frustrate him till he's forced to go play over in Europe.

The Islanders just continue to screw up their 20+ year rebuild.

I'd hardly say a team with Brian Strait and Joe Finley on defense are set, especially if Vis doesn't report.

I agree that Vis' contract is the perfect type for NYI, which is probably why they acquired him in the first place, but it does them no good if he is suspended all season. It might be a matter of getting something for nothing while they can.

Dipietro *could* be a decent back-up for Schneider but it does blow the budget pretty well. Maybe Raymond would need to go back

Lou+Ballard= 9.5 cap hit.

Vis+Bailey+Dipetro= 11.15 cap hit

Raymond pretty much makes up the difference but it would be very difficult to also fit in Nino's 2.8.

Love his skillset, don't like the talk from some that watched him closely through junior to this point that he has had a bit of an "entitled attitude". Maybe something a change of scenery & being shown some leadership could rectify though. Enticing prospect.

Love his skillset, don't like the talk from some that watched him closely through junior to this point that he has had a bit of an "entitled attitude". Maybe something a change of scenery & being shown some leadership could rectify though. Enticing prospect.

I don't know alot about his situation but from what i read from here he wants to play in the NHL this season and not the AHL? What makes it a sure thing he'd be playing up here on our roster?? If he's not ready he needs to be in the AHL....not sure he'd be any happier here.

Archived