95 replies to this topic

#61 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,039 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:26 AM

He's an anomaly. Had a single point and was -29 in 55 games last season with the Isles.
Was a 19 year old who had 46% offensive zone starts...? What's the point of bringing up a player like him and playing him as a 3rd/4th line tweener with Jay Pandolfo and Tim Wallace....? Odd.
Throw him this way.

#62 The Juice

The Juice

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:26 AM

silly reasons to want out. WTF is wrong with him? dont go near this guy Gillis. Another Cody Hodsgson in the making.

The difference is that Cody was in a good Organization, where all the players are respectful of the hierarchy. Where Nino is in an organization that is Bat S$%t Crazy.

#63 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:33 AM

I don't understand, how could you be drafted at 5, play 64 games and accumulate just 3 points? Where would we put someone like that?

We are having enough trouble scoring at present without taking on ANOTHER project.

The thought of giving up someone like Lu in the deal would haunt us forever.
Kevin.jpg

#64 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,672 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:23 AM

I think the point (remembering the formula of a roster player who helps us, a prospect, and a pick) is that Ninno is the prospect in the equation. Someone who helps us in the future. We would give him time to develop!

We also would require an able bodied roster player...

I don't understand, how could you be drafted at 5, play 64 games and accumulate just 3 points? Where would we put someone like that?

We are having enough trouble scoring at present without taking on ANOTHER project.

#65 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:57 AM

We also would require an able bodied roster player...

Michael Grabner
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#66 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:00 AM

It's called being rushed and put in a bad situation.

I know you just started watching hockey, but do you know who Joe Thornton is? In his rookie year he had 7 points in 55 games. He turned out to be a good player. Nino has had good stats in the AHL and deserves another shot, at least to be invited to camp.. I mean honestly, for the Canucks Archibald was invited to camp..

#67 Bang Bang Boogie

Bang Bang Boogie

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,049 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

He barely had any minutes playing 3rd/4th line with some terrible linemates.

Nino is still a very very good prospect and I would love have him on the Canucks.
Posted Image

#68 goblix

goblix

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

Come on people this guy was drafted in 2010, was 19 years old playing in the top league on a crappy team.
No need to give up on him yet, if Garth is willing to trade him then I'd be happy to get him on our prospect pool.
Plus he's a left wing and we need more left wing prospects in the system

#69 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

Come on people this guy was drafted in 2010, was 19 years old playing in the top league on a crappy team.
No need to give up on him yet, if Garth is willing to trade him then I'd be happy to get him on our prospect pool.
Plus he's a left wing and we need more left wing prospects in the system

heres the problem

H'e's on a crappy team.

Yet he can't even crack the teams top 6 lineup? Thats sad. They didn't put him on the 3rd line. He did.

Because he wasn't good enough to play top 6 minutes yet.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#70 goblix

goblix

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

heres the problem

H'e's on a crappy team.

Yet he can't even crack the teams top 6 lineup? Thats sad. They didn't put him on the 3rd line. He did.

Lol so?
so he's not ready to play in the NHL at the age of 18 or 19, hodgson / Kassian wasn't either but you know what the difference is? we didn't keep him up here to fail. The kid had his confidence shattered and the horrendous organization of NYI failed to let him develop in juniors.

#71 Lonny_Bohonos_14

Lonny_Bohonos_14

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

heres the problem

H'e's on a crappy team.

Yet. Key word. He's young. Not every top5 pick is ready to jump into the league right away. In fact, most of them are not.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#72 Gunner Garrison

Gunner Garrison

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

silly reasons to want out. WTF is wrong with him? dont go near this guy Gillis. Another Cody Hodsgson in the making.

Islanders kept him up for the year at the age of 19.. He clearly wasn't ready. Now he doesn't even get an invite to camp?

#73 Rivera

Rivera

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

Would love this kid in our prospect pool. In the World Juniors he put the Swiss team on his back and almost had them take home a medal IIRC.

#74 laxgoalie

laxgoalie

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

Google him and the first thing you notice is the word bust.

False, first thing I notice was the word Google, then his nickname El Nino, than his height, weight, wikipedia, trade, web, sound tiger, born. But nope no bust.
Posted Image Posted Image

#75 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,540 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

Nino.... thought this was about me for a second.

#76 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

False, first thing I notice was the word Google, then his nickname El Nino, than his height, weight, wikipedia, trade, web, sound tiger, born. But nope no bust.

Get your eyes checked.

#77 Chip Kelly

Chip Kelly

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,341 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

The Islanders are such a terrible organization.
Hire a real GM not a back-up goalie with little to no management experience.

The amount of top players they could and have drafted in the past 15 years, they should be icing all-star teams by now.

I know right it's crazy how bad they are after getting high draft picks for so long. They should hire Burke he could turn the Islanders around.

I mean how couldn't he with high draft picks and no pressure to win. The clown owner needs to wake up and fire Garth Snow and hire a real GM with experience like Burke.

Heck even Pierre McGuire could do a better job drafting and developing players than Garth freaking Snow.

fyo3s9.jpg

Credit to Mr.DirtyDangles for the find and Twilight Sparkle for making a sick siggy!

#78 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,039 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

Would love this kid in our prospect pool. In the World Juniors he put the Swiss team on his back and almost had them take home a medal IIRC.

I was at the Canada/Switzerland game in those WJCs - the Swiss lost 5-0, but they were very impressive nevertheless - they could skate with Canada, they could play a physical game with Canada, and they played a good team positioning game. The only really notable difference was how much better the Canadians were with their sticks, on both sides of the puck - but it was clear that the Swiss were closing the gap on the world - I wasn't surprised at this WJC how closely competitive they were - they took another stride.
Neiderreiter was clearly one of the best youngsters in the world. Playing him as a fourth liner with guys who have absolutely no offensive talent would seem to be an odd way to use a 19 year old bluechip but getting rid of the devalued youngster at this point would be exceeding dumb. I doubt the Islanders move him, but you never know.

#79 LoganBattleaxe

LoganBattleaxe

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

If we could get Nino I'd do it in a heartbeat. He is a great player. We would need another nhler in the deal though. Grabs is probably the best choice unless they want to give us a a center to make room for strome next year.
Also anyone who is complaining about Hodgson asking for a trade needs to give their heads a shake. Hodgson is playing on Buffalo's top line and it is producing like crazy. Vanek had a 5 point night playing with the kid. We got so screwed in that trade its not even funny.
Buying out dipietro is a good idea but I'm not sure the owners would want to.
Realistically if we are taking Dipietro for Luongo that just makes the deal more one sided for ny.
I could see us getting nino and dipietro for luongo straight up and if we wanted bailey or even nielsen we'd have to give up a forward or D that can play solid nhl minutes.

#80 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

If we could get Nino I'd do it in a heartbeat. He is a great player. We would need another nhler in the deal though. Grabs is probably the best choice unless they want to give us a a center to make room for strome next year.
Also anyone who is complaining about Hodgson asking for a trade needs to give their heads a shake. Hodgson is playing on Buffalo's top line and it is producing like crazy. Vanek had a 5 point night playing with the kid. We got so screwed in that trade its not even funny.
Buying out dipietro is a good idea but I'm not sure the owners would want to.
Realistically if we are taking Dipietro for Luongo that just makes the deal more one sided for ny.
I could see us getting nino and dipietro for luongo straight up and if we wanted bailey or even nielsen we'd have to give up a forward or D that can play solid nhl minutes.

to trade for Nino, it's going to take a hit on our already weak prospects pool.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

#81 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

I think Snow had no intentions of him playing with the team yet. They wanted to take the Detroit approach at leave him in the minors for one more year. There's nothing wrong with that, so they decided it's no use bringing him to camp. Nothing wrong with what they did. Why is everyone siding against Snow's decision? I don't get this. You guys talk like you what is going on. We really don't know the details. Maybe he showed up to camp out of shape and decided not to bring him to camp as a punishement? Who knows.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

#82 canucklax

canucklax

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,787 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

I think Snow had no intentions of him playing with the team yet. They wanted to take the Detroit approach at leave him in the minors for one more year. There's nothing wrong with that, so they decided it's no use bringing him to camp. Nothing wrong with what they did. Why is everyone siding against Snow's decision? I don't get this. You guys talk like you what is going on. We really don't know the details. Maybe he showed up to camp out of shape and decided not to bring him to camp as a punishement? Who knows.

Rush him into the NHL to only play 4th line minutes would suggest otherwise.

Also they never invited him to camp, even though he was on the team last year, and was bridgeport's leading scorer.

Those 2 things combined would piss anyone off, and question their ability to manage a club. He wants out before his career is ruined

6xFRVi3.png

Credit to bananamash for the sig. Credit to torts for being stubborn

Bring Back the Totems!
NHLSL Winnipeg Jets

#83 Spoosh

Spoosh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,417 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

By the looks of all, he still needs time to develop. And he really should take time to develop another year in the minors. Wether it's on long island or somewhere else, he needs to do as he is told by people that have done these things in the past and developed players properly before.

He's talented, no doubt. But as everyone knows, scoring and keeping a high level in the AHL is quite a bit different that doing it in the NHL. Still, I wouldn't mind having him. I'm sure he will get his chance and be an elite player in the league in the future.
© 2000, 2014 K'Spoosh Entertainment Ltd.

Misuse of this almost copyrighted information will with near certainty lead to misuse of it.

Posted Image

#84 TmanVan

TmanVan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:24 AM

If the Islanders all of a sudden want to change their philosophy on developing young players and leave them in the ahl to develope that's fine. But you don't bring up a 19 year old player, play him with absolute plugs leaving him little chance to succeed, and then not even give him a camp invite after he was one of the best players in the ahl during the lockout.

The point is he shouldnt have been in the nhl as he clearly wasn't ready at 19 years old, then after having a really solid campaign in the ahl they dont give him a camp invite when he actually might be ready? Sounds pretty damn backwards to me.

Edited by TmanVan, 24 January 2013 - 09:27 AM.

#85 goblix

goblix

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

If the Islanders all of a sudden want to change their philosophy on developing young players and leave them in the ahl to develope that's fine. But you don't bring up a 19 year old player, play him with absolute plugs leaving him little chance to succeed, and then not even give him a camp invite after he was one of the best players in the ahl during the lockout.

The point is he shouldnt have been in the nhl as he clearly wasn't ready at 19 years old, then after having a really solid campaign in the ahl they dont give him a camp invite when he actually might be ready? Sounds pretty damn backwards to me.

Exactly, you have to go through the motions, you bring him up for camp, let him work to make the team. After the short camp you send him back down saying "We think you have tremendous upside and would like you to finish the year in the AHL, work hard and you may see a call up if a spot opens"

This way Nino at least gets an explanation.

#86 TheFastOne21

TheFastOne21

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

I would be open to Nino any day. He was misused by NYI last year as most have said. I enjoyed watching him playing while he was in the WHL for Portland. It was always exciting when he got on the ice.

I think a change of scenery and a non fourth line role would do wonders for the kid. I wouldnt complain if that was in VAN

#87 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

I would be open to Nino any day. He was misused by NYI last year as most have said. I enjoyed watching him playing while he was in the WHL for Portland. It was always exciting when he got on the ice.

I think a change of scenery and a non fourth line role would do wonders for the kid. I wouldnt complain if that was in VAN

So you figure he could step into The Canucks 3rd-2nd line? If the Canucks got him they would probably put him in the minors to give him a good look before putting him on the big club. Of course if that happened a pile of NHL 13 GMs on here would be screaming for Gillis or AVs head.

#88 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

so what do you awesome gm wannabe's propose?

I can't wait to see this.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

#89 goblix

goblix

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

So you figure he could step into The Canucks 3rd-2nd line? If the Canucks got him they would probably put him in the minors to give him a good look before putting him on the big club. Of course if that happened a pile of NHL 13 GMs on here would be screaming for Gillis or AVs head.

lol so true eh?
Nino would definitely be in the minors this year. That said he'd have a good shot at the team next year, UFA Raymond and UFA Higgins.
In 3-5 years I would love to see a Nino - Schroeder - Kassian / Jensen line

#90 Bang Bang Boogie

Bang Bang Boogie

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,049 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

Seems like a lot of posters on this thread don't really know who Nino Niederreiter is.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.