69 replies to this topic

#31 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,721 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:57 AM

All the more reason why Perry's repetoire is built on cheapshots and backhanded techniques

#32 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,244 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:42 AM

So how do/did you feel about the following players:

Ruutu
Cooke
Torres
Lapierre
Burrows

I know you'll only hate the top 3 because the other two are "current" canucks but I would guess the rest of the league views them pretty much the same way (or worse) than you view Perry.

true, but Burrows imo of course doesn't take it to the extreme. At the very least, his tactics changed.

BAD MOVE!!!

BAD FING MOVE

HAHAHA ANOTHER INJURED MORON ON OUR TEAM

HE WILL JOIN US IN 2019

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#33 shiznak

shiznak

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,390 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:55 AM

He may be a coward to Canucks fans, but he knows what it take to win.

Perry = Winner
Canucks fans = Whiners

BaOiJ02.png

#34 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,223 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:10 AM

Best way to eliminate a 50 goal scoring MVP is to piss him off, get him to fight and kick him off the ice for an entire period. That's the best way to defend a guy like Perry and the Canucks did that exceptionally well, whether it was part of their plan or not.

For some players, like Boston's Lucic and Chara, you don't want to aggravate them or they'll play much better, but other more immature guys like Perry are much more easily distracted and nullified.
Posted Image

#35 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:16 AM

Avoided this thread purposely all day as I thought the OP would just point out the obvious.

Wish I didn't as I didn't know Ballard had beaten him like that twice before.

Wish Perry would quit doing stuff like this though, hes a good player but man he is such a "sore loser" as Shorty put it.

zackass.png

#36 hockey21383

hockey21383

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:39 AM

Perry's one of the biggest punks in the game.

He's always slashing guys or making dirty hits, and he has no ability to back it up.

I am by no means on Perry's side, but hes got a Rocket Richard Trophy, an Olympic gold medal, and a Stanley Cup....He's a player you want on your team.

Edited by hockey21383, 27 January 2013 - 04:54 AM.

#37 grumpworsley

grumpworsley

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:25 AM

Perry is having an identity crisis, he is pretty sure he is adopted but his parents won't tell him

#38 combover

combover

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:45 AM

a very selfish player. easy for teams to identify guys like this and target them knowing that playing hockey will be secondary to trying to get revenge. the refs know it to so they just throw him in the box to keep him from acting up.

Edited by combover, 27 January 2013 - 08:46 AM.

my warn status is for calling it like i saw it with Dave the donut Nonis. apparently the owners agreed

#39 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:50 AM

Firstly, I would love Perry on the Canucks team.

Secondly Ballard couldn't fight when his jersey was pulled over his head, almost at the start, so it was a hollow "victory"

Thirdly, why did Perry remove his helmet at the end? Surely he didn't think he would get away with that one.
Kevin.jpg

#40 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,897 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:59 AM

Perry needs to start packing some Midol in his hockey bag.

Posted Image

#41 SterlingArcher

SterlingArcher

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

Perry's one of the biggest punks in the game.

He's always slashing guys or making dirty hits, and he has no ability to back it up.

But you'd still love to have him on your team
Posted Image
Posted Image-Mod note: Inappropriate

#42 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

Perry needs to start packing some Midol in his hockey bag.

Google'd. LOL'd.
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#43 MickeyBlueEyes

MickeyBlueEyes

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

you guys say what you will, but he's a damn good player, in my eyes he's the perfect hybrid of ryan kesler and burrows, he can score and he can agitate, i would have him on vancouver any day, and anyone who says otherwise is just lying to themselves.

#44 TowelPower82

TowelPower82

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:19 AM

Ruutu
Cooke
Torres
Lapierre
Burrows

I know you'll only hate the top 3 because the other two are "current" canucks but I would guess the rest of the league views them pretty much the same way (or worse) than you view Perry.

There's no question that all of those players can get under peoples skin and be a real pest. With the exception of Burrows those players are supposed to play that way and coached to do so (Burrows is different cause he can actually score goals and kill penalties as well as aggravate). But Corey Perry is not a pest. He is not paid to be one. He is an insanely talented forward who is hyper-irratable. Corey Perry has an emotional problem and an inflated self-worth. I lost a lot of respect for him after the last game and can see how sensitive he really is. Bruce Boudreau should have benched Perry because he was compromised and a liability on the ice.

Edited by TowelPower82, 27 January 2013 - 11:22 AM.

Posted ImageGo Canucks GoPosted Image

#45 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

"Corey Perry has an emotional problem and an inflated self-worth.

He would be a marriage made in Heaven for the Canucks fans then................?
Kevin.jpg

#46 VicNuckleHead09

VicNuckleHead09

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

I'm not sure he means talent/scoring ability, but rather physical/fighting ability.

It was over 9000!!! :picard:
Posted Image
"Louuuuuuuuuu!" - Last game Attended: Vancouver vs. Penguins
Email me

#47 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,515 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

Ballard is by no means a great fighter but it definitely seems like he enjoys tuning Perry though. Perry is a punk and a dick but let's be realistic, skill-wise he would be a perfect fit on the Canucks. They may have to trade Ballard first though or practices could get ugly.

#48 MaxLapierreAwesomeFace

MaxLapierreAwesomeFace

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

He may be a coward to Canucks fans, but he knows what it take to win.

Perry = Winner
Canucks fans = Whiners

he figured from past experience that the only way to win a fight against keith ballard was to jump him like a wussy...
Takes off helmet after jumping the dude....pathetic

#49 Nebulus

Nebulus

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

As Shorty and Cheech were signing off, Cheech said Murph just talked to Ballard and the reason he was so choked in the penalty box was that he had been challenging Perry to fight all game (would assume since the Edler hit when Bally stepped in) and he didn't want to go, then Perry jumped him at the end. Straight up coward move by Perry.

#50 TotesMagotes

TotesMagotes

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:14 PM

I'm not sure he means talent/scoring ability, but rather physical/fighting ability.

Wouldn't fighting be backing it up? Which he does pretty often...? I can see criticizing a guy who goes around making cheap shots and talks crap without ever fighting, but Corey Perry fights, he has over a dozen in the NHL alone. So yeah, he backs it up.
Posted Image

#51 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

Perry is one of the biggest POS's in the league. I rank him right up there with Avery (well not anymore) and Marchand.

I was disgusted that he was able to represent Canada in 2010.

He didn't pull any crap in the Olympics. He was solely determined to win the gold. And you could see that Mike Babcock straightened him up the minute he arrived at camp. When Perry is focused on winning something, he won't pull any bullsh*t like that. Sure he'll initiate but he won't do anything to take bad penalties.

Don't forget about his Hart Trophy and winning the Cup with the Ducks in '07.

He's a great player but at times he can be cocky.

That Hart trophy was a joke. If anything, he and Daniel Sedin should've switched awards. He only won the Hart because he reached 50 goals in the SECOND HALF of the season. Daniel Sedin was our MVP the ENTIRE season. The Hart trophy is for a player who was MOST VALUABLE to their team the ENTIRE SEASON. Perry was only valuable to them for the playoff push.

I watched that game on Centre Ice, with the local Anaheim play by play guy and Brian Hayward commentating. Some of the crap those two guys were spewing was beyond homerism, and they kept talking about Perry being picked on by the refs and cheap-shotted by Edler etc. I get that some fans enjoy homerish broadcasts but that guy is one of the worst I've ever heard.

Jack Edwards is the epitome of homerism commentating. I'm sure you've heard of him before but if not, YouTube some Boston Bruins fights or cheapshots thrown at the Bruins/given by the Bruins and look for the NESN Boston broadcast.

Edited by Markus Alexander Cody, 27 January 2013 - 12:30 PM.

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#52 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,779 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

"Corey Perry has an emotional problem and an inflated self-worth.

He would be a marriage made in Heaven for the Canucks fans then................?

I am sure there are some here who would want anyone, even a Lucic, if "they" could win a Cup .. then there are those who care more about the game than they do shallow accomplishments like Cups and titles .. B)

Edited by Tearloch7, 27 January 2013 - 12:29 PM.

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#53 Garrison

Garrison

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

The Canucks got to him. He was completely rattled. Why can't we ever do this to players in the play offs? Perry was useless out there.

#54 Gonz

Gonz

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

I thought that's what they used to say about Kesler when he was playing 3rd line centre shutdown. He talked alot trash but didn't fight or win his fights. I think when he did fight lecavelier beat him good.

You can hate Cory for his cheap shots but at least he fights and scores. It's the same thing as what people said (Cheap, dirty?) about Kesler and Burrows until they became top producers here they stopped mostly. Im sure any Canuck fan would love Cory Perry playing on Canucks top 2 lines. This is not figure skating here every team needs some nastiness as long its not Keith type elbow to Daniel. Although I'm guilty of liking Bure's payback elbow to Churla

#55 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

hes always been such a little girl
i find it offensive people call the sedins sisters when perrys clearly the one with the vagina (no offence to the women of cdc)

Edited by cIutch, 27 January 2013 - 12:53 PM.

Posted Image

#56 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

Supremely talented player with absolutely terrible attitude.

The kind of guy that can easily break a game either way, but scoring big goals for your team, or taking stupid ass penalties.

RIP LB RR PD

#57 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:01 PM

As Shorty and Cheech were signing off, Cheech said Murph just talked to Ballard and the reason he was so choked in the penalty box was that he had been challenging Perry to fight all game (would assume since the Edler hit when Bally stepped in) and he didn't want to go, then Perry jumped him at the end. Straight up coward move by Perry.

Yup, pure chicken^%$! move on Perry's part.........he deserves all the vitriol being directed his way. And as per some of the posts in this thread, I would absolutely HATE to have this embarrassment on our team regardless of his 'talent'.

We should never have to continuously apologize for players on this team and I have a feeling that's what Canucks fans would be doing......over and over again. The fan base has been there, done that, got the t-shirt, thanks. Let's keep/sign players that are worthy of respect around the league......Perry and his bad attitude would just be a distraction we don't need.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 27 January 2013 - 01:03 PM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#58 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,774 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

Perry's a great player who has a bit of an issue keeping his cool, and doesn't always like to back up his smack. It costs his team sometimes, but in other instances he is able to make an opposing player take a stupid penalty.
Ideally he should figure out if he wants to be an agitator or a tough guy (of course in addition to one of the leagues best PWF) and not try to be both.

But lets all face it people, if Perry was on the Canucks we would love him. If Burrows was a Duck we would hate him. Such is the life of a guy who plays a style meant to antagonize the opposing team, Perry just has the issue of letting people who come back at him get under his skin from time to time.
We have players who are despised throughout much of the league such as Burrows, Lapierre, and Kesler. I bet other fan bases would say the same things about not wanting them on their team, but if they were able to get them, they would instantly be fan favourites.

Take it from myself, when I play hockey I'm an agitator, and a really annoying one at that. When I was younger opposing teams fans/parents absolutely hated me. I was getting booed and jeered by adults as a 14 year old. But a few seaons later if I was playing with their kid on the same team, they would love me, and say how great it was for me to be on their team.

Edited by Jägermeister, 27 January 2013 - 01:16 PM.

Posted Image

#59 VanCityScout

VanCityScout

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

attention grabbing baby
drama queen
no class

I used to think of him as.. a bit of a force

but know I have been educated

#60 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,846 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

Ruutu
Cooke
Torres
Lapierre
Burrows

Ruutu was awesome. A great agitator who was absolutely hilarious to watch. Tripping Phaneuf, sitting on Avery's stick, just classic stuff.

Cooke and Torres had their moments but I don't know that anyone is rushing to defend the stupid sh*t they've done.

Lappy and Burr are too good to be agitators. They need to realize they've moved on and keep their mouths shut. The best chirp is the goal horn and a big red light. Notice how they didn't say a damn thing during the Anaheim game, they just showed support for their teammates when it was needed. That's how it should be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.