The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why Corey Perry Jumped Ballard...

Droj

Perry is the classic over-privileged youngster who wants for nothing growing up, turned self-entitled holier than though smug beotch adult.

He is a solid player but if he were on my team it wouldn't be long before I kicked his nuts up into his throat just to shut him up, and silence that persistent "but... i'm the victimmmmmmmm..." look on his face.

Loved John Shorthouse's comment:

Perry = "Biggest sore loser in the league" - coming from a class act like Shorty who rarely says a bad thing about anyone.

Getzlaf = the biggest disappearing act in the NHL.

Why Selanne or Koivu are not wearing the C is beyond me.

I watched that game on Centre Ice, with the local Anaheim play by play guy and Brian Hayward commentating. Some of the crap those two guys were spewing was beyond homerism, and they kept talking about Perry being picked on by the refs and cheap-shotted by Edler etc. I get that some fans enjoy homerish broadcasts but that guy is one of the worst I've ever heard.

I watched that game on Centre Ice, with the local Anaheim play by play guy and Brian Hayward commentating. Some of the crap those two guys were spewing was beyond homerism, and they kept talking about Perry being picked on by the refs and cheap-shotted by Edler etc. I get that some fans enjoy homerish broadcasts but that guy is one of the worst I've ever heard.

So how do/did you feel about the following players:

Ruutu

Cooke

Torres

Lapierre

Burrows

I know you'll only hate the top 3 because the other two are "current" canucks but I would guess the rest of the league views them pretty much the same way (or worse) than you view Perry.

Best way to eliminate a 50 goal scoring MVP is to piss him off, get him to fight and kick him off the ice for an entire period. That's the best way to defend a guy like Perry and the Canucks did that exceptionally well, whether it was part of their plan or not.

For some players, like Boston's Lucic and Chara, you don't want to aggravate them or they'll play much better, but other more immature guys like Perry are much more easily distracted and nullified.

Firstly, I would love Perry on the Canucks team.

Secondly Ballard couldn't fight when his jersey was pulled over his head, almost at the start, so it was a hollow "victory"

Thirdly, why did Perry remove his helmet at the end? Surely he didn't think he would get away with that one.

Archived