104 replies to this topic

#91 canuckfan85

canuckfan85

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:54 PM

Higgins, Cannauton, 2014 1st, 2013 2nd for O'reilly.

I do this because- we need more up front
more points
more toughness

I think seeing as we cannot move a goalie now and that our window is in fact closing, we need to make an "all in move" without damaging our current team

Cannauton will not break our D core any time soon. Carrodo is probably ahead of him despite being in Junrior.
we draft guys like Sauve, Rodin, Mallet in the second round so we mind as well use that pik to get a young player who can help us

the 2014 first I include becuae O'reilly is young and we will probably get a first or a young player back in a goalie trade.

I do want to watch our team dominate good teams again and O'reilly can help us.
I am open to up grading that 2013 2nd to a first if colorado sends something else back our way.

what do you guys think?

suggest other all in deals that do not hurt our core

#92 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,746 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:59 PM

more points
more toughness

I think seeing as we cannot move a goalie now and that our window is in fact closing, we need to make an "all in move" without damaging our current team

Cannauton will not break our D core any time soon. Carrodo is probably ahead of him despite being in Junrior.
we draft guys like Sauve, Rodin, Mallet in the second round so we mind as well use that pik to get a young player who can help us

the 2014 first I include becuae O'reilly is young and we will probably get a first or a young player back in a goalie trade.

I am open to up grading that 2013 2nd to a first if colorado sends something else back our way.

what do you guys think?

This is close to fair

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#93 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

This is close to fair

As much as the trade seems level, I do not think MG would want to give up our team's 1st pick for O'Reilly, he'd rather trade a prospect, along with a winger for him.
Posted Image

#94 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,746 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:42 PM

As much as the trade seems level, I do not think MG would want to give up our team's 1st pick for O'Reilly, he'd rather trade a prospect, along with a winger for him.

Its a 2014 1st, not this year's 1st, which I would be ok with giving up.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

#95 PLOGUE

PLOGUE

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:13 AM

Think about context a little?

When Raymond had 53 points he was SIXTH on his team in scoring plus Grabner and Demitra playing fewer games but not being far off in pace. The team had 268 goals. There was zero pressure on Raymond as a 3rd line winger who stepped up to play 2nd line..

On the flipside, O'Reilly LED his team in points. Was the 1st line center. Showed he had AWESOME capabilities as a defensive forward. Three years younger than Raymond was. And the Avs collected a whole 199 goals last year...

Attitude issue obviously to be sitting out at this point in his career. How he thinks he is worth more than duchene is beyond me. Plus he has a nut job for a dad who is causing a stink too. Wouldn't touch him. Peter Nedved is who this kid reminds me of. Talent yes, but not as much as he seems to think. I would not offer half what you people are suggesting.
QUOTE (ephysdad @ Oct 26 2008, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or then of course there's always the Ferry

Also,
I'm putting together a list of the criteria to be a "real" Canuck's fan. So far I have this:

1. I cheer for the Canucks, whatever happens.
2. I never say anything bad about the Canucks.
3. I know the difference between "real" fans and posers just by how they post on the CDC or where they sit at GM Place.
4. I wouldn't dream of leaving a game before it ended, even if it meant missing a train, ferry or a threesome with the wife and her hot best friend?
5. I make 10+ posts a day and I have over 10,000 posts on the CDC, so my Canuck "street-cred" is huge. Go away noob!
6. No one F's with me. I train in MMA. I'm really tough. I'll curb stomp yo' donkey.
7. I make a tonne of $$$$.
8. I'm witty.
9. If it meant missing a game, I wouldn't study for a midterm.
10. I roll with a guy who has a wicked car.
11. I like to post "source?" a lot.

#96 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,746 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

How does this sound?

To Toronto: Ryan O'Reilly

To Colorado: John-Michael Liles + one of Jake Gardiner/Tyler Biggs + 2013 3rd rounder

#97 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:44 AM

How does this sound?

To Toronto: Ryan O'Reilly

To Colorado: John-Michael Liles + one of Jake Gardiner/Tyler Biggs + 2013 3rd rounder

For O'Reilly, adding Gardiner is just greatly in favour for the Avs.
Also, I believe the Avs GM said he wants a forward and a prospect.
Posted Image

#98 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:28 PM

Attitude issue obviously to be sitting out at this point in his career. How he thinks he is worth more than duchene is beyond me. Plus he has a nut job for a dad who is causing a stink too. Wouldn't touch him. Peter Nedved is who this kid reminds me of. Talent yes, but not as much as he seems to think. I would not offer half what you people are suggesting.

I agree!

But my reply was to the fact you were comparing him last year to Raymond in his best year. Apples & oranges.

#99 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,746 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

For O'Reilly, adding Gardiner is just greatly in favour for the Avs.
Also, I believe the Avs GM said he wants a forward and a prospect.

Avs are fine for forwards. Maybe they need one to replace Hejduk but other than that their real need is some D.

#100 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:33 PM

Avs are fine for forwards. Maybe they need one to replace Hejduk but other than that their real need is some D.

TSN stated Avs GM said he wants a forward and a prospect.
Posted Image

#101 Mike Vanderhoek

Mike Vanderhoek

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:58 PM

more points
more toughness

what do you guys think?

I don't like the idea of moving Higgins. He is one of those low maintenance, hardworking, and at times clutch players. I don't know I think Vancouver is lucky to have him here for what he could have signed on the market in free agency.

I am also not sold on O'Reilly, skillfull yes, but not worth as much as he wants hence not signed yet. Vancouver does not need one of these headaches not to mention he will need top six icetime to maintain any type of production to justify his new contract. Not happening here.
Posted Image

#102 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,674 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:53 AM

I don't like the idea of moving Higgins. He is one of those low maintenance, hardworking, and at times clutch players. I don't know I think Vancouver is lucky to have him here for what he could have signed on the market in free agency.

I am also not sold on O'Reilly, skillfull yes, but not worth as much as he wants hence not signed yet. Vancouver does not need one of these headaches not to mention he will need top six icetime to maintain any type of production to justify his new contract. Not happening here.

Yeah by the looks of it O'Reillys old man makes Codys old man look like a monk.

#103 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

Kyle Turris all over again

The Turris trade turned out pretty well...

#104 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:17 AM

I am also not sold on O'Reilly, skillfull yes, but not worth as much as he wants hence not signed yet. happening here.

When an organization refuses to reward offensive talent and their top penalty killer/defensive center with a contract at least comparable to the obvious one hit wonder David Jones, its no wonder a deal hasn't been made.
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#105 Z. Kassian

Z. Kassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:28 AM

Please GILLIS!!!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.