The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Canucks have asked about Gaborik

Tanev

I don't see Gaborik as a better fit with the Sedins than Burrows is. Burrows complements them almost ideally. If he were 20lbs heavier and could beat the hell out of people he'd be a fantasy fit. See Gaborik as more of a rush and perimeter sniper than a cycle and puck possession player. I'm sure he could take a whole lot of Sedin passes and convert them into serious threats on the rush, but would he be better than Burrows in the other respects, and would he provide the two way support that Burrows does, which cuts down the Sedins time in their own zone and allows them to play their possession game? I'm ok with Burr.

Would Gaborik be a good fit with Kesler?

You can't get anywhere without taking a risk/gamble. If the chance is there, you take it. Canucks really need an elite sniper, or something very close to it. Gaborik may not be the top choice, but he is worth considering at least.

I think they should find a 2nd line or top centre as a first priority to replace Kesler while he is out.

Gillis has to make something happen and fast.

Not exactly sure how the cap and playoffs work, but if we have Booth and Malhotra on LTIR their cap comes off the books, then if Booth returns for Game 1 of the playoffs his cap doesn't count?

Gaborik for Raymond, Ballard and a 1st or 2nd (surprise surprise)

Sedin - Sedin - Gaborik

Burrows - Kesler - Hansen

Higgins - Lapierre - Booth

Kassian - Pinizotto - Weise

Sestito

Not bad. Gaborik and Kesler could even work.

I'd imagine a 40 goal scorer with that kind of speed wouldn't come cheap. Don't think MG is willing to move the necessary assets to get it done. Would probably take Hansen, Jensen, pick. But hey if we drug Sather with a lot of crack cocaine, he might just accept Ballard, Raymond and a pick.

Gaborik trade to Vancouver is 3 years too late. Would've loved to have him on our team, but this move simply reeks of desperation and wouldn't make a difference in the grand scheme of things.

the canucks really shouldn't be giving up future assets to load up this year at all. it should be plainly obvious to everyone that this isn't the year, for a number of reasons.

it would be like calgary moving their first rounder and guys like baertschi to give iginla a "shot at the cup".

Archived