The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hunter Shinkaruk | C/W

-Vintage Canuck-

14 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

Already exceeded my expectations and still 27 games left. 

for sure, i don't mean to take anything away from him as the majority of his goals have been very nice shots.

I'm just saying that it would be a hard level of conversion to keep up.

1 minute ago, Gstank29 said:

About 60-65 he has missed some games

that's pretty good production in his second season in the A. 

wonder what he'd do next season if he's still in the A. though, I hope he makes the big club. would love to see Shink in a Canucks uniform FULL TIME. 

8 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

What's Shink on pace for in terms of points? 

8 minutes ago, Gstank29 said:

About 60-65 he has missed some games

I'd be ecstatic if he could pot 9 more goals. Being a 30 goal scorer would do wonders for his confidence at the end of the year.  

5 minutes ago, sharbinder said:

I'd be ecstatic if he could pot 9 more goals. Being a 30 goal scorer would do wonders for his confidence at the end of the year.  

not out of the realm of possibility. he's got time to be able to do it. what's left? 30 games left in the AHL season? 

I'm hoping Burrows gets traded so Gaunce can get the rest of the year in the NHL so next year we're not starting 2 true rookie LW's. Next year we could look like:

Sedins-Hansen

Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen

Shink-Sutter-Etem/Grenier/Vey

Gaunce-Friesen/Cracknell/Vey-Dorsett

I think one of Etem or Vey will be gone and there will be a battle for 4C again. I just don't think we can actually ice 3 LW's that young. That team would probably be worse than this year.

5 minutes ago, CanuckMan10 said:

I'm hoping Burrows gets traded so Gaunce can get the rest of the year in the NHL so next year we're not starting 2 true rookie LW's. Next year we could look like:

Sedins-Hansen

Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen

Shink-Sutter-Etem/Grenier/Vey

Gaunce-Friesen/Cracknell/Vey-Dorsett

I think one of Etem or Vey will be gone and there will be a battle for 4C again. I just don't think we can actually ice 3 LW's that young. That team would probably be worse than this year.

Nobody is trading for Burr with a year left in his contract and the cap possibly going down.

I also would prefer at this point we largely keep Utica intact and let them play for the playoffs and hopefully make a run. Gaunce included.

Keep as many good, near ready NHL players like Gaunce, Shink, Pedan etc away from our tire fire as possible.

Recently in and interview with JB, Don Taylor asked if "who" drafted a player had any impact on those that are brought up or not. JB denied it of course but a couple of days later Gallagher let it slip that both Skinkaruk and Gaunce had been discussed with other teams as possible trades. Seems like a contradiction

12 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Recently in and interview with JB, Don Taylor asked if "who" drafted a player had any impact on those that are brought up or not. JB denied it of course but a couple of days later Gallagher let it slip that both Skinkaruk and Gaunce had been discussed with other teams as possible trades. Seems like a contradiction

Why? (Assuming it's even true). Gallagher's also VERY pro-Gillis / Anti-Lindening FWIW.

Regardless of how much I like him, I'd trade Shinkaruk for say Drew Doughty in a heart beat ;) :P

Not saying that's remotely realistic, just illustrating (extremely) that just because you like a guy, doesn't me you can't/won't/shouldn't trade him. A team's bigger than any one player.

Archived