The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hunter Shinkaruk | C/W

-Vintage Canuck-

I really like Shinkaurik's all round offensive skill set. He is a smart player and can find the open man in the zone. He has pretty nice hands and great balance. He is equally comfortable on his backhand and forehand, which makes him a threat in every position. He has a pretty nice release on his shot. His compete level is also really nice. 

I think ink his elite balance and quick feet will allow him to make he transition to he NHL as a smaller player. He could bea good player for us once the Sedins fall out of the top-6:

Baertschi - Horvat - Virtanen

Shinkaurik - McCann - Boeser

The only way I would think about moving him would be for an elite defenseman, defense prospect or to move up in the Draft.

On 2/2/2016 at 10:25 AM, therodigy said:

Imho, Shinkaruk will be auditioning for 3lw next season. If Shink makes the big club, I expect the top 9 to look like this:

Sedin Sedin Sutter

Baertschi Horvat Hansen

Shinkaruk Vey Etem

This would effectively leave Burrows on the 4th line, as 13th forward, or traded/waived/bought out. 4th line could be very interesting next season, with the emergence of Gaunce and Zalewski. Would ideally like to see those two with Dorsett. With that said, there's also Rodin to be considered if he decides to sign a one year. 

As far as Virtanen and McCann go, I'd like to see them in the AHL as they'd qualify by this point, and give them ample time to further develop. As far as Grenier goes, I can see him as 13-14th forward, depending on our D situation. Kenins May not be resigned unless for depth in Utica. 

Apologies for the tangent. In summary, I'm really gunning for Shinkaruk, whether he spends another year in Utica, or becomes a full time Canuck. 

Pretty much exactly what I'd like to see on the big club, even down to Virtanen and McCann in Utica, not because I don't like them but rather to see them become dominant offensive players there.  If they can beat out any of the older players, fine, but there will be less deadwood in the system next year.  Our forward depth is sick and hopefully JB goes into asset management mode so we don't lose too many younger players on waivers next fall. 

This guy has to be the guy desperately, for a franchise who is begging for a gem. I'm talking about a gem not just some 2nd liner tweener. I mean a real gem, a scoring threat and that's it Hunter has to be that guy otherwise our prospect pool looks really bleak. 

Look McCann could be the guy but still questionable. Boeser- has proven nothing at the proffesional level, Gaunce- career 3rd liner (thanks gillis) Cassel (career 4th line) Zaleswki ( career 4th) Greiner ( probably won't sign him, career 3rd. could use his size but meh) Virtanen ( career 3rd line guy, not seeing anything in his game to even compare to him a elite Perry) you get the pattern. The drafting has done a great job in finding two way guys but lacks a real gem and now Shinkurak is all we have left. 

so lets hope he turns out to be a gem, eg a Larkin ttype of player, a game changer, a scorer; otherwise, well it just puts us behind each draft. Need a gem period!

1 minute ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

This guy has to be the guy desperately, for a franchise who is begging for a gem. I'm talking about a gem not just some 2nd liner tweener. I mean a real gem, a scoring threat and that's it Hunter has to be that guy otherwise our prospect pool looks really bleak. 

Look McCann could be the guy but still questionable. Boeser- has proven nothing at the proffesional level, Gaunce- career 3rd liner (thanks gillis) Cassel (career 4th line) Zaleswki ( career 4th) Greiner ( probably won't sign him, career 3rd. could use his size but meh) Virtanen ( career 3rd line guy, not seeing anything in his game to even compare to him a elite Perry) you get the pattern. The drafting has done a great job in finding two way guys but lacks a real gem and now Shinkurak is all we have left. 

so lets hope he turns out to be a gem, eg a Larkin ttype of player, a game changer, a scorer; otherwise, well it just puts us behind each draft. Need a gem period!

Boeser's proven nothing at the professional level?

That's like saying a newborn has proven nothing as an adult. 

11 hours ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

Methinks you slotting young players into NHL roles in a very premature fashion. That said I agree that fans generally overvalue the prospects. The issue is depth. Van does not have a lot of depth so the chances of a gem surfacing is less likely. I am one of those who want the Canucks to drop down to a top 5 draft pick. Also want Benning to move his vets for maximum picks and prospects. The Canucks have no where near enough talent in the org. A 1D and 1C have to be the draft priority.  

Archived