The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cole Cassels | C

JE14

Cassels is my dark horse to make the team if he continues his play into the pre-season. He's quietly had two solid games.

I agree. He plays a good safe game which is how you need to play in the NHL. Offense can be worked on he has one of the best hockey iqs on the prospect team.

Cassels will not even come close to making the big club for 3 years at the earliest. Think people.

Sedin, Kesler, Schroeder, Gaunce, Horvat, Shinkaruk, Santorelli, Richardson and Lain all ahead of him on the charts. He needs to refine parts of his game but he's incredibly tenacious and man is he solid.

Love watching him at this tourney, him and Subban could very well be the bigger pieces of this draft for us

The part I really like about this draft is that, unlike last year, Gillis went for a few younger guys that have shown some potential and should get much bigger roles on the junior clubs this year which should help tremendously with their development. Cassels could very well be the 1st line center on his team. Liberati should see top 4 minutes on a very good London Knights team which would be huge for his development. Cederholm could conceivably end up on the top pairing with Pouliot in Portland and Subban, as long as he follows in his brothers footsteps, should still grow a couple inches and already has amazing offensive skill.

Cassels will not even come close to making the big club for 3 years at the earliest. Think people.

Sedin, Kesler, Schroeder, Gaunce, Horvat, Shinkaruk, Santorelli, Richardson and Lain all ahead of him on the charts. He needs to refine parts of his game but he's incredibly tenacious and man is he solid.

Love watching him at this tourney, him and Subban could very well be the bigger pieces of this draft for us

I agree Cassels is not going to make the team out of camp this year, and probably not next. His potential ceiling is much higher than initially expected though. He has really shown flashes of being very good at a lot of different things. Tenacious checking centermen with above average play making skill, and hockey IQ. It's nice to see a pick like this, and I hope we draft this way in the next few years as well. Pretty complete player for being the youngest of the group.

As a 21 year old he could supplant quite a few people in my mind, keeping a close eye on this one.

Such a fun player to watch. Sick drop pass between the legs to set Hall up in the slot, and before that he makes a power move to try and get by 2 defenders. Love the way he mixes it up with his game, keeps D on their toes, knows how to be a pest, good vision, his shot needs a little work, but who's doesn't at this camp.

He is the guy I notice most on the ice out of our forwards in a positive way with the exception on Jensen.

Agree with all these positive reviews, this kid really catches the eye. Puck seems to follow him around.

Bloodlines & being exposed to the NHL lifestyle(as a kid), seems to increasingly be making a difference. Scouts are probably looking for such prospects more & more. There's a level of dedication & commitment these(privileged) kids are more apt to fully understand.

Agree with all these positive reviews, this kid really catches the eye. Puck seems to follow him around.

Bloodlines & being exposed to the NHL lifestyle(as a kid), seems to increasingly be making a difference. Scouts are probably looking for such prospects more & more. There's a level of dedication & commitment these(privileged) kids are more apt to fully understand.

Agreed,

There is an advantage kids have with the luxury of an NHL parent. Aside from the obvious financial assets, they also have the parent's experience and advice to listen to. This draft could become a home run for us. Our first 4 picks all look like killer picks and I have liked Cederholm as well.

Archived