The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cole Cassels | C

JE14

1 hour ago, Horvats_Big_Head said:

Aren't you the guy who embarrassed himself trying to predict a trade?

Also, Cole Cassels got cut to no one's surprise. Apparently he didn't impress much at camp. I hope he takes another stride this year. 

Mate, you might want to look at your post history if you want a master class in embarrassing yourself.

7 hours ago, Horvats_Big_Head said:

Aren't you the guy who embarrassed himself trying to predict a trade?

Also, Cole Cassels got cut to no one's surprise. Apparently he didn't impress much at camp. I hope he takes another stride this year. 

I thought he showed quite well for the limited game time  we saw. Improved speed, tenacious on the puck, goes to the right areas, and made some nice passes. I want him to get solid minutes in Utica playing in all situations. Looking for 35-45 points this year while probably  getting in some games next year. Also I don't know if your being misinterpreted but stating he has the lowest ceiling of all our prospects makes as much sense as let's say myself being drafted by playing beer league hockey.

7 hours ago, nzan said:

@SamJamIam actually I was wondering about this...i still follow the real samjam guy on twitter, seems like a decent chap...but my recollection has it that he was banned for life and your handle was just a parody, correct? 

Haha.  It's a fair question.

I'm not samjam99.  But I did have a friend working with the Canucks who told me that a deal for Iginla was closing (a couple years ago during the Iggy sweepstakes). So I broke it on CDC...and then he went to Boston.  So as a joke I took on the samjam name for breaking made-up trades.

1 hour ago, SamJamIam said:

Haha.  It's a fair question.

I'm not samjam99.  But I did have a friend working with the Canucks who told me that a deal for Iginla was closing (a couple years ago during the Iggy sweepstakes). So I broke it on CDC...and then he went to Boston.  So as a joke I took on the samjam name for breaking made-up trades.

Oh yeah, I think I remember that too. Self-deprecation, true humour.

I actually still kinda believe that the old SamJam was right, that the Perry Schneider deal was a real thing, but it just didn't close...I don't know, maybe not.

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Should fans be worried, I know it's early in Utica's season, but Cassels is on the 4th line, and got only one shot on goal the last game, and no points. 

Can the Utica fans give us an update on how Cassels looks? 

One of the utica guys told me he's been invisible. Still I don't see the need to worry. He was a 3rd round pick. Not really something you expect to hit on.

7 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

It's kinda disappointing though, when he looked solid in junior. 

Definitely disappointing. I thought he would have showed better in the ahl. Goes to show

A. How big of a step it is from Jr to ahl

B. What an ill timed injury can do to a players development. 

Many like to talk of how much better our prospects are with benning but fail to mention how much healthier they have been shortly after they are drafted.

Jensen

Hodgson

Gaunce

Shinkaruk

Virtanen

Have all missed significant games due to injury in their draft+3

Horvat

McCann

Boeser

Have been mostly healthy since their draft.

Some times its just luck of the draw. 

16 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

One of the utica guys told me he's been invisible. Still I don't see the need to worry. He was a 3rd round pick. Not really something you expect to hit on.

but he Shutdown McDavid :(

He's more than a 3rd rounder he's our secret shutdown weapon against the McDavid's and Matthews.

It's still early. If he's still 'invisible' toward the middle and end of the season, start worrying then.

By most accounts the team is struggling to put it together early. They'll likely get Rodin on a conditioning stint in the next ~month and possibly Virtanen after that which should help too.

On 10/19/2016 at 7:29 AM, Gooseberries said:

Yeah, but you hope for a little more from a guy who was so prominent in his team's Memorial Cup victory. It's still early and he might just need to sort out the speed difference and positioning, but we should be seeing improvements from him this season.

On 10/19/2016 at 9:49 AM, J.R. said:

It's still early. If he's still 'invisible' toward the middle and end of the season, start worrying then.

By most accounts the team is struggling to put it together early. They'll likely get Rodin on a conditioning stint in the next ~month and possibly Virtanen after that which should help too.

This/these. The team struggling early doesn't help, but then you also hope you have some players step up a little to make a difference in the team's fortunes.

Sounds like Cassels was injured last game. Just going by fan reports but it doesn't sound good:

"Cassels got absolutely nailed in the first and left the game. May well be out for awhile." -orcatown (HFBoards)

"Cassels has not come back."

"Hopefully Cassels only has a boo boo, but he went off hunched over holding his midsection... and was hunched in the same manner going down the tunnel after being attended to on the bench." -Bad Goalie (HFBoards)

On 10/22/2016 at 3:30 AM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Sounds like Cassels was injured last game. Just going by fan reports but it doesn't sound good:

"Cassels got absolutely nailed in the first and left the game. May well be out for awhile." -orcatown (HFBoards)

"Cassels has not come back."

"Hopefully Cassels only has a boo boo, but he went off hunched over holding his midsection... and was hunched in the same manner going down the tunnel after being attended to on the bench." -Bad Goalie (HFBoards)

Green said that Cassels was "week-to-week" with an upper body injury.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived