The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sedins/Kesler/Burrows All Showing Serious Signs of Regression!

Pasific Coluseum

-Sedins looking confused. Saucer passes not connecting/Null offensive explosion/ No magic sedinery with Hansen or Burrows

-Kesler somethings not right. Can't score/no grind to his game/Looks lost No confidence

-Burrows mediocre play/ Can't utilize his full potential unless playing with the Sedins/

I've been watching these players with the precision of an eagle eye. Thus far I have seen nothing that jumps out at me. Kesler should be stealing the show and coming into his own as a huuuuuuge superstar by now. The Sedins consistency is starting to become inconsistent. I'm starting to panic and the fact Tortorella is the coach hasn't alleviated my worries.

The one player that has me dazzled me is Santorelli. Again I'm absolutely flustered we didn't go after some more legit scoring FA's like a Brunner/Boyes/Jagr/Cooke

-Sedins looking confused. Saucer passes not connecting/Null offensive explosion/ No magic sedinery with Hansen or Burrows

-Kesler somethings not right. Can't score/no grind to his game/Looks lost No confidence

-Burrows mediocre play/ Can't utilize his full potential unless playing with the Sedins/

I've been watching these players with the precision of an eagle eye. Thus far I have seen nothing that jumps out at me. Kesler should be stealing the show and coming into his own as a huuuuuuge superstar by now. The Sedins consistency is starting to become inconsistent. I'm starting to panic and the fact Tortorella is the coach hasn't alleviated my worries.

The one player that has me dazzled me is Santorelli. Again I'm absolutely flustered we didn't go after some more legit scoring FA's like a Brunner/Boyes/Jagr/Cooke

You figured all that out just by watching a few preseason games? If you've been watching the team for awhile, then you should know that a slow start is their usual way. Give them 15-20 games and come back and comment.

BTW the Nuck caphit is the reason for the lack of goal scoring FA. Who wouldn't want Brunner, Jagr, Boyles and NOT Cooke?

You realize they haven't seen game action in over three months right? Preseason is there for all sports leagues for all the athletes to get used to game speed and just warming up their old reflexes again. Chill out. Don't go jumping on Luongo or Lack for letting in a bunch of goals. Like Luongo said in his post game interview against the Oilers, he didn't give a rat's ass about the goals being let in, rather he was caring about getting his timing correct again and getting used to the speed of NHL hockey.

It's called preseason.

Yes, timing's a little off.

Yes, a little rusty after the summer...they're Dads and likely don't have the same time to commit to the offseason fitness as a result. Their wives do get to have them for some portion of the year, so let's cut them a little slack?

I'll get back to this thread later....don't have time for negativity as the season's about to begin....

The pre-season excuse comes up now. At the end of the season we blame the fact that the players spent the season getting used to Tortorella's system, slow starters etc. This board will never come to terms with the fact that our window is closed. This generation Flames-esque end draws closer with every second this franchise remains in denial.

Archived