The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

All I'm asking for...if the Jays can keep Estrada+Price and have a trio of Price-Stroman-Estrada, it doesn't really matter who the last 2 in the rotation are as we'll have a good chance to win at least 3 out of 5 games and the way the offense is steal other games as well.

With Jays reportedly picking up the option on RA, that would make it 4 out of every 5 and it would be a great mix of pitchers. Price-Stroman with that fire and Estrada-Dickey to keep opponents off balance. Estrada has great mechanics, sneaky fastball, and absolute beast change up/curve. Would be the best case scenario for us with the 5th spot going to Sanchez/Hutch/FA.

Reports are out on sportsnet.ca that AA is leaving and that it wasn't over money....

Just saw that on the SN ticker, apparently he rejected an extension. Got to say, for the longest time I would've thought it would be the Jays cutting ties rather than AA but he did sound pretty non-committal in that presser the other day. I'm curious to know more.

AA leaving on his own term, only means one thing. Mark Shapiro and him have different plans going forward. I'm almost certain that Shapiro wants to rebuild. Which means, see ya later double E, Joey Bats, and Tulo.

Further my speculation, there's a rumour going around that Shapiro wasn't pleased with AA gutting their farm.

AA leaving on his own term, only means one thing. Mark Shapiro and him have different plans going forward. I'm almost certain that Shapiro wants to rebuild. Which means, see ya later double E, Joey Bats, and Tulo.

Further my speculation, there's a rumour going around that Shapiro wasn't pleased with AA gutting their farm.

all reports say they will puck up option on EE and Bautista. They are below market value. TT is signed, unless they trade him. Dickey was just extended too.

the thing to look for now is if Gibbons will go too.

• Upvote 1

all reports say they will puck up option on EE and Bautista. They are below market value. TT is signed, unless they trade him. Dickey was just extended too.

the thing to look for now is if Gibbons will go too.

They would be dumb not to pick up the options on EE and Bautista, after this year however....

When it comes to the starting rotation and bullpen I get this nagging feeling that Rogers is going to cheap out again.  I hope I'm wrong since the difference between contending next year and not is some money.

Definitely mixed feelings here. Clearly AA left cause he didn't want 5 years being told what to do under Shapiro. And for as much as AA has taken over the years, he loved this team, was a huge fan of them, and bled blue and white like the rest of us do. Too much Rogers spin here. 

Too early to say anything but I bet this will be one of those things that takes years before the full details come out as to why it happened. As of right now, uncertainty with this but I really wanted AA back, he deserved to after Rogers gave him the green light and he made all the right moves. Gibbons is someone I could much rather live with seeing gone but this move has more to it.

AA presser at 10 am, 40 mins from now on TSNRadio.

AA really did mortgage the future, the cupboards in the farm team are bare.  AA might have been moving in that direction knowing the shake up at upper management.  If he knew that he wasn't going to return next year, he said, "Let's go for it now, the hell with the prospects'.  If this Toronto core cannot get it done next year, then Jays will be in a bad position for the next 3-5 years.  

Now where have we seen this story unfold before?

I think the RA Dickie for Noah Syndergaard and other prospects will hurt the most in the long run because Dickie never became the Ace that he was when he won the Cy Young for the NY Mets. Just an average pitcher at best for Toronto right now and looks to be on a decline! Meanwhile, Syndergaard is a rising star and going to be a very good starter for the Mets for years to come!

I don't think this is accurate at all.

If this is in fact true, as much as I would hate to see him go I could see us trading Edwin to get some prospects back, and signing Davis to replace him. Seems reasonable but unlikely.